Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Too early for Christmas Music in June?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS (75K+ miles flown) | Marriott Rewards | MLife Sapphire | Identity Silver | Hertz Gold Plus |

I think so, recorded at a Springhill Suites in Anchorage, AK:

Old Jun 26, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
That's funny. At least they don't have decorations to match. (or do they??)
Old Jul 2, 2017, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS (75K+ miles flown) | Marriott Rewards | MLife Sapphire | Identity Silver | Hertz Gold Plus |
Originally Posted by ehallison
That's funny. At least they don't have decorations to match. (or do they??)
No, thank goodness. I think something would be amiss with all this normal Seattle weather we have been getting.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, UA Silver, JetBlue Mosaic
July 2 is still too early for Christmas "muzak," but at least it's creeping closer to the season. In the lounge at the Marriott in Lyon, France, "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" was the musical accompaniment to the platters of steak tartare (!) among the evening food offerings. Bizarre is the word for experiences such as that.

Last edited by BlaiseBOS; Jul 4, 2017 at 1:51 pm Reason: fix typo
Old Jul 4, 2017, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlaiseBOS
July 2 is still too early for Christmas "muzak," but at least it's creeping closer to the season. In the lounge at the Marriott in Lyon, France, "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" was the musical accompaniment to the platters of steak tartare (!) among the evening food offerings. Bizarre is the word for experiences such as that.
To be fair, Hark's melody is based on a Mendelssohn cantata.
Though even then, accompanying platters of steak tartare is bizarre.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Was it only on 6/25? I know at the boy scout camp I went to back in my youth, we always celebrated "summer Christmas" on that day, exactly six months away from the real deal.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Was it only on 6/25? I know at the boy scout camp I went to back in my youth, we always celebrated "summer Christmas" on that day, exactly six months away from the real deal.
^ Merry Half-Christmas!
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
That was my immediate thought when I saw this thread.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, UA Silver, JetBlue Mosaic
Originally Posted by rickg523
To be fair, Hark's melody is based on a Mendelssohn cantata.
Though even then, accompanying platters of steak tartare is bizarre.
Yes, but this version was with lyrics and a gargantuan chorus. I was wondering if the Mormon Tabernacle Choir was being promoted . . . . .
Old Jul 9, 2017, 5:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Stay away from the Gaylord properties. I think some of them have Xmas music/themes going on in the summer & certainly do during the proper holidays.

Cheers.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Don't know if this is public knowledge, but Marriott sends out CD's (right?!) and the hotels have to play them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.