Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Wayne - Missing desks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond

Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Wayne

Map| 1 Review | 0% Recommended

7811 W Jefferson Blvd Fort Wayne, IN US 46804

Missing desks (0 Photo)

Stayed 2 nights while working in the area-have not been at this hotel in quite awhile as we had been staying @ the Hilton Garden Inn down the road, but too many staff changes, so we decided to pop back in here again.

Bad news-this hotel has been hit by the corporate Marriott 'millennial' disease, meaning, among other things, many of the suites are now missing work desks & desk chairs. According to staff, some of the 1BR & studios do still have them, but I can vouch for the lack of both in the 2BR/2BA suites. Apparently millennials also have a thing against full length mirrors & doors on closets as one of the BR's was missing both. There is no coffee table in the LR, no footstool for the arm chair, no end tables, & the sofa in our room was something that apparently was a thrift store reject-sagged badly in the middle & one of the most uncomfortable pieces of furniture I've ever attempted to sit on. Not sure who gave the go ahead on all this 'millennial' stuff but s/he should be forced to sit on that couch to see what is being inflicted on their paying customers.

The only plus is the staff who were very apologetic about all of this & tried, to the extent Marriott will now allow, to make things better. So, if you are a millennial who wants to sit crosslegged on your bed & play w/your phone, this is the place for you. Anyone else, especially an adult on business, will likely need to look elsewhere.

Missing desks

Would you like to write a review on the Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Wayne?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.