Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 8, 2016, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Ask for a room NOT facing Sepulveda, as it will be quieter. Also, parking is off-site 1/4 of a block away. Hat tip to BLG.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2016, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Has anyone stayed at this "new" Fairfield at LAX yet?

It has conflicting information on when this hotel is opened. On the Marriott site for Los Angeles page, it says opening in May. In another area it says opening in June.

The Room details said Hotel is built in 1958?! Seems this is the very ugly Hacienda in its previous life?
Old May 8, 2016, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by Happy
The Room details said Hotel is built in 1958?! Seems this is the very ugly Hacienda in its previous life?
While I haven't stayed here, I did happen to drive by back in February when it was a construction zone. From the looks of the work going on, I don't think there's going to be much of the old Hacienda left to recognize when they're done. I looked like they were building a brand new "tower" to the hotel, which should be most of the rooms, and I expect the rest of it is being gutted and rebuilt.
Old May 8, 2016, 11:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
The south end of the former Hacienda (the tower) has opened as the Aloft El Segundo - Los Angeles Airport (475 North Sepulveda Boulevard, El Segundo, CA)

The rest of the former Hacienda will soon be the Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo (525 North Sepulveda Boulevard, El Segundo, CA).

I just looked at Marriott.com. Currently, reservations for the Fairfield Inn are available for stays beginning July 29, 2016. Of course, it could open sooner.

The Fairfield Inn is Category 5. This could be a good place to use Category 1-5 certificates.

This is a major renovation, not just a rebranding of the Hacienda.
Old May 9, 2016, 8:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the info/update Horace. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old May 9, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I tried to book a room for May 27th at the new property that is "Opening in May" and was told the property wouldn't be open yet . Maybe I just got info.
Old May 9, 2016, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Madone59
I tried to book a room for May 27th at the new property that is "Opening in May" and was told the property wouldn't be open yet . Maybe I just got info.
If you look at posts above, earliest can be booked is end of July. New property out ending dates often slip.

If you need a cat 1-5, the residence inn fits

Cheers.
Old May 10, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
The architect has a short write-up and two images for each of the two hotels resulting from the conversion of the former Hacienda Hotel.

Fairfield Inn El Segundo: http://axisonline.net/portfolios/ren...ld-el-segundo/

Aloft El Segundo: http://axisonline.net/portfolios/hos...ft-el-segundo/

Currently, the Marriott website still has generic Fairfield Inn images as placeholders.
Old May 14, 2016, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for the info.

Fairfield is closer to the airport then the RI. Also Fairfield said its shuttle is scheduled (continuous) while RI is on request. We stayed at RI last year when we had a rental car. The drive even with GPS was not simple due to the maze of streets and congestions just outside LAX.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Does anyone have any updates on when this is opening? Now the website says it is opening in September but they are not taking reservations until October.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by mindrisa
Does anyone have any updates on when this is opening? Now the website says it is opening in September but they are not taking reservations until October.
I would go by the date you can book, but keep checking back in case it changes. Often they'll put a later date on the actual opening, but if they clear all the approvals/get sign-off then they'll open up inventory early.

Also I've noticed that often if it says Opening September 2016 but date isn't until later they forget to update the Opening September 2016 (or whatever month) statement to match.

Cheers.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 11:47 am

Thanks Sharon... I do have a confirmed reservation there for early October. Shouldn't Marriott proactively reach out and reassign me to another Marriott property for the same rate? If so, I'm hoping the Renaissance LAX or Marriott LAX.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Thanks Sharon... I do have a confirmed reservation there for early October. Shouldn't Marriott proactively reach out and reassign me to another Marriott property for the same rate? If so, I'm hoping the Renaissance LAX or Marriott LAX.
Marriott's, more specifically the property's, first move will be to flat cancel your rez! Then you will need to push the issue with corporate and hope they will step up and offer a resolution. I travelled with a friend that had this happen to him and the property was no help whatsoever. Even took a few conversations with corporate before they came up with a plan.

Remember the properties are typically a collection of franchisees that have no formal relationship with other properties other than carrying the same parent name.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 1:44 pm

I wouldn't count on the property being pro-active. Some are; some aren't. If you're concerned about your reservation, make a back-up ressie somewhere & cancel it the day before your stay if the property opens in time for your ressie. But if not then you're not trying to get a room at the last minute somewhere.

Cheers.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 2:13 pm

Ended up the property was pro-active. I received an email from the Assistant GM letting me know they won't be open in time to accommodate my reservation. As this was booked with a certificate, I just switched to the Residence Inn as it too is a category 5. If I was paying cash, I would have definitely been frustrated as I would have had to pay more to re-book at another hotel.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 6:22 pm

Glad to hear they were pro-active! While you were on an award stay, given they were pro-active, if you had a paid stay they might have switched you to another property for the same rate.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.