Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Central Park, NY [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2015, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United MileagePlus

Recent Stay...

Lobby

64th Floor Hudson River/Times Square View:

65 Floor Central Park View

35th Floor Terrace

Old Jan 24, 2015, 8:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the picture review! Do you have any of the brekkie/reception section?

Besides the views, how was the stay & what other details can you provide?

Cheers.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Thanks for the picture review! Do you have any of the brekkie/reception section?

Besides the views, how was the stay & what other details can you provide?

Cheers.
You're welcome! I don't have any pictures of the reception area. I would rate the stay very high, the staff was professional and courteous, all the common areas and elevators seemed to be well maintained, I would hope, since the hotel is relatively new, built in 2013. I was provided 2 key cards, one to use for room and elevator(which btw is zooming fast!) and the other to use for the lights(my first time having to do those, so i was a bit confused at first)

Pros:

View
Great Location
Staff was prompt and expedient at check in
Price
Clean and well kept rooms

Cons:

Staff seemed hurried and disinterested when i asked for advice on where to go eat
Staff seems to be a little confused when questions are asked about what room give you what view and etc, I called the hotel a couple of times before my visit to seek clarification on what exactly what each room view entails(confusing on the Marriott Page, reservations was confused and so was the front desk staff haha)

I did not eat or use any other facilities at the hotel, I was more interested in NYC

Stay Rating:

9/10

I'm hoping my picture review can help people in regards to what view they need to choose and if you have any questions, please let me know!

Cheers!
Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:32 am

Programs: AA LT plat; Delta Gold; Marriott LT titanium; Hilton Silver
Is there an in-room safe in the room? Thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by dougef
Yes there is one.

I stayed there during 4th July holiday and we were upgraded to a room on the 65th floor with Hudson River and Central Park view. Felt good to be in one of the highest hotel rooms in the US.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mystery7
Yes there is one.

Thanks for answering that!

I stayed there during 4th July holiday and we were upgraded to a room on the 65th floor with Hudson River and Central Park view. Felt good to be in one of the highest hotel rooms in the US.
Do you concur thats it's a great hotel and view, did I do the hotel justice with my review? I was very pleased.

Originally Posted by dougef
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: Alaska MPVG75, AAdvantage PlatPro, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I notice there's a tub in the room, but I've seen pictures in other reviews showing a glass doored shower. Did the room have both or does it depend on the room whether you get a bath or a shower?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How much of a kitchen is in the unit? Also, the pictures didn't look like the typical RI suite with a sitting area (studio suite) or a real living room (one bedroom units).
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 25milesfromhome
I notice there's a tub in the room, but I've seen pictures in other reviews showing a glass doored shower. Did the room have both or does it depend on the room whether you get a bath or a shower?
The two rooms I stayed in only had a tub, i think its depends on the room whatever you get, I would assume TripAdvisor Room Tips section on this hotel would have more info.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How much of a kitchen is in the unit? Also, the pictures didn't look like the typical RI suite with a sitting area (studio suite) or a real living room (one bedroom units).
Very very little kitchen area, but enough for NYC standards, I would think I did not have a sitting area or real living room, correct.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
A very belated thanks for the photos and comments! I'm thinking of staying there with my wife next month, so these come in very handy.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:14 pm
Suspended

Great views...might have to check this place out.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Bumping this thread up as there does not appear to be a master thread for the property.

Does anyone know what the difference is between a "Grand Times Square View Studio" vs a Regular "Times Square View Studio?"

I think the -05 rooms are the corner rooms with good Times Square views. Would those be the "Grand?"
Old Aug 3, 2015, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Anyone?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 2:44 pm

Programs: PresClub, HyattPLat, HHGold, MarriottGold,
Apologies for the bump if I missed a master thread. I didn't see one. I have been unable to find this hotel available for any nights using points. Has anyone else had any luck?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 8:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I have 6 nights booked on points for May, so I went and made a dummy booking and they are still available. Then checked some random dates into the future and there was availability (not sure what exact dates you need).

Are you sure you're checking the "Use Points" box?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.