Wiki Posts
Search

DFW Marriott - North or South

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM,Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, NEXUS
DFW Marriott - North or South

I have an overnight connection in DFW before Christmas and was looking to use my Chase cert to book either the North or South Marriott. Can anyone recommend which one is better?

Thanks!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
I would try Las Colinas one myself.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: AA Platinum 4MM; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Reid
I have an overnight connection in DFW before Christmas and was looking to use my Chase cert to book either the North or South Marriott. Can anyone recommend which one is better?

Thanks!
When I have that choice, I always book the North.

--woodstock
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by JoeWoodstock

--woodstock
North for sure.

Also there is a newer (less than 2 years old) Residence Inn on the South side by the CY that I would consider. Great staff and right by the rental car center if you are picking up a car.

Cert should work there as well.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Stayed at the North somewhat regularly in the early 2000's, a non descript Marriott hotel but I greatly enjoyed asking for a room up high on a one side, taking a scanner with me and listening / watching the symphony of air traffic control landing planes right over the hotel. I was studying to be a pilot at the time. Plus there was a long, narrow median / park nearby great for running laps.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM,Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, NEXUS
Thanks all! Booked a DFW Airport View room at the North Marriott.^
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by iztok
I would try Las Colinas one myself.
Funny, that's one I avoid at all costs. The FI near there is actually nice, but the FS is dreadful IMO.

Originally Posted by JoeWoodstock

--woodstock
The North has a better location, but, again IMO, the South is a better hotel. But I only stay there when I'm going to a customer that is located very close to the hotel.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Funny, that's one I avoid at all costs. The FI near there is actually nice, but the FS is dreadful IMO.
Why? I never had bad experience there.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by iztok
Why? I never had bad experience there.
First, it's a very average, dated hotel.

As everyone on this board knows, I need a feather free room. It's on my profile and I call hotels within a day of check-in to remind them. This hotel not only ignored the request, even after promising me over the phone, but had me sit for close to an hour while they prepped the room. But when I got to the room, it hadn't been prepped. Another half hour wait and the manager finally came up and did it. He didn't apologize, instead, he basically told me I shouldn't expect a feather free room. The morning manager promised me points, which never posted, and that for my next stay, two nights later, he would personally make sure the room was feather free. Of course, it wasn't. He and his staff must practice to achieve this level of failure. The manager on duty for the second stay actually told me, "I don't know what the other manager told you, but we would never promise a feather free room ahead of time." Again, this level of failure couldn't possibly be isolated.

Here is my TripAdvisor review at the time.

Last edited by CJKatl; Nov 24, 2014 at 10:46 am
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl
First, it's a very average, dated hotel.

As everyone on this board knows, I need a feather free room. It's on my profile and I call hotels within a day of check-in to remind them. This hotel not only ignored the request, even after promising me over the phone, but had me sit for close to an hour while they prepped the room. But when I got to the room, it hadn't been prepped. Another half hour wait and the manager finally came up and did it. He didn't apologize, instead, he basically told me I shouldn't expect a feather free room. The morning manager promised me points, which never posted, and that for my next stay, two nights later, he would personally make sure the room was feather free. Of course, it wasn't. He and his staff must practice to achieve this level of failure. The manager on duty for the second stay actually told me, "I don't know what the other manager told you, but we would never promise a feather free room ahead of time." Again, this level of failure couldn't possibly be isolated.

Here is my TripAdvisor review at the time.
Wow, just wow!

Now I understand and agree!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Just stayed at the DFW Marriott North (last week) and had a pleasant stay. Just missed the airport shuttle, but another one was there within 10 minutes. Check-in was very fast. Got a room with a balcony and nice view of arriving airplanes. 1 hot item in lounge, but it was surprisingly good (chicken cheesy pasta).

Check out took 30 seconds. Shuttle back to airport leaves every 30 minutes. I was going to terminal D, which was the last stop, and took 30 minutes door-terminal. This was my second stay at the hotel this year, and both were good. No safe in room is my only complaint.

Forgot to add - the hotel has a (coin operated) laundry room on premises.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UAL Lifetime Gold
The DFW North is my go to when I need to stay at the airport. The hotel is just fine and the shuttle is always on time. The hotel is a bit old but they seen to do a good job making it look "fresh" ... They shut down the sports bar which is a bummer but the restaurant/lounge isn't bad.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:18 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

It's always a good idea to search before posting.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-near-dfw.html
Old Nov 24, 2014, 5:19 pm

I'll chime in with a South vote. It's a few minutes further (around an 8 minute shuttle ride) and very close to AA HQ. Accordingly, the hotel is filled with AA types and what seems to be a ton of USAirways staff being trained on the wAAys. I was just there this past week.

It is the same architecture and layout as a few out hotels - literally identical - which gives it a bit of a deja vu feeling even if you've never stayed there. The food/bar was average. Gym was ok. Room was about what was expected.

That said, it's a more relaxing and intimate hotel experience than the main DFW North hotel. I think the staff and customer service are better and it's often (but not always) much less expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.