Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Casa Magna Cancun Resort (Mexico) (Left Marriott)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2015, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Plats get:

*15% off the breakfast buffet (which is actually more of a brunch, with many savory items)
*10% off the gift shop (including food)
* Free enhanced i-net

Plat arrival gift is 500 points or cheese/cracker/fruit plate plus half bottle of wine

Note, if you eat/drink at the JW next door they can also bill it to CM Marriott - try Sedona Grill, it was delicious.

JW guests can use CM pool. CM guests cannot use JW pool.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2004, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Can any one provide the email address for the Casa Magne Cancun?

Thanks!
Old Sep 24, 2004, 6:59 pm

I've used this one to send compliments to the CasaMagna's General Manager....

[email protected]
Old Feb 7, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: UMP Silver and Marriott Platinum
Contact Email for Marriot CasaMagna Cancun

Is there a contact email that I can use to contact the hotel before my arrival?

Thank you.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 11:25 am

I have tried the email below but it gets bounced back.

[email protected]
Old Feb 7, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Here's what I used last year: [email protected]

By the way, we had a lovely stay at this hotel. We were upgraded to the top floor, oceanfront corner room. The view was to die for!
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by jtwiz
Here's what I used last year: [email protected]

By the way, we had a lovely stay at this hotel. We were upgraded to the top floor, oceanfront corner room. The view was to die for!

Glad to hear. Been reading mixed reviews on how they handle Platinums. Fingers crossed for a pleasant experience.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UAL Lifetime Gold
Stayed there over Christmas ... Nothing special for me PP, it was Christmas so my expectations were low for upgrades. My treatment was just like everyone else. No upgrades for me Also, they let the JW people come over and use the CM pool but you CANNOT do the same with theirs. I watched the CM GM just fawn over a bunch of JW guests, having the "pool boys" go out early and reserve pool spots (bad form). I asked at the towel hut how you go about reserving spots and she said its on a first come first serve basis ? Yah ... RIGHT ! If I go back and the rates are close, I will stay at the JW.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Response from Casa Magna Cancun Resort re: Upgrades

Got a welcome email from the Concierge Desk for an upcoming stay at a resort property. I replied back stating that I'm looking forward to my upcoming trip for a special occasion and would appreciate consideration for a Plat Upgrade to a Suite. I've done this before and the reply has been that they'll note it in my profile so when rooms are assigned, consideration can be made.

And here was their response:

Regarding to the upgrade as a Marriott Reward Elite Member you have a complimentary upgrade subject to availability at check in and will not be confirmed in advance, the upgrade will be to next category and excludes upgrade to suite, please be assured that we will have a very nice room for you.
This can't be correct, can it?
Old Jun 27, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Yes that is correct. The rules have always been that you get a space available upgrade, excluding suites.

It doesn't mean that they can't give you a suite, it just means that they are not obliged to.

T
Old Jun 27, 2014, 2:03 pm

From Marriott's own website:

Complimentary Room Upgrade: Based on room availability at check-in and limited to a Member's personal guestroom. Upgrades may include rooms with desirable views, rooms on high floors, corner rooms, rooms with special amenities, rooms on Executive Floors, or suites.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it is realistic. We have NEVER gotten anything at a resort other than a better view.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 2:24 pm

I think it is realistic. We have NEVER gotten anything at a resort other than a better view.
That's fine, but that isn't the policy. And I'm more appalled by the "only move you up one room class" because I know that isn't how it is done.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, TK M&S Elite
That was kind of a snarky response from the concierge.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by toothy
Yes that is correct. The rules have always been that you get a space available upgrade, excluding suites.
It doesn't mean that they can't give you a suite, it just means that they are not obliged to.
T
As you probably have figured out by now, you are wrong. The only time that there was language excluding suites was from a period of about 4 years ago to 2 years ago. Currently, and historically, suites have not been specifically excluded by rule. The OP's property quotes the old rule both as to suites and as to limiting upgrades to a single category.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 2:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by shawn67
That was kind of a snarky response from the concierge.
Agreed... fine if they aren't going to upgrade you to a suite (that's up to them) but to reply like that... definitely snarky and unnecessary. A simple 'we will see what we can do' without any promises would have been more appropriate (even if they never do suite upgrades).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.