Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Sha Tin, Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Take the A41p bus. It runs up to midnight and is basically door to door. Only 3 stops & you can see the hotel from where you get off.
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Sha Tin, Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:59 am

Dropping to Category 3 07 March 2017 :)

in case others missed it (surprised this news hasn't made it to this thread yet)...

CY ST drops to a Cat 3 on March 7th.

I've been considering this property anyway as a change of pace when in HKG. Now, it definitely represents value for points esp. with lounge access as Plat. I'll look forward to giving it a try on my next short stay in HKG.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Was considering the hotel as a change of pace from Hyatt ST but the A41P runs only every 35 min while the A41 runs every 20. For a 1 night stay after a TPAC, when you just wanna get in a room and grab a shower and cocktail, that additional time in between buses can seem very long indeed.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:26 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Was considering the hotel as a change of pace from Hyatt ST but the A41P runs only every 35 min while the A41 runs every 20. For a 1 night stay after a TPAC, when you just wanna get in a room and grab a shower and cocktail, that additional time in between buses can seem very long indeed.
There is SkyCity Marriott right at the airport. Hotel offers free shuttles.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by allset2travel
There is SkyCity Marriott right at the airport. Hotel offers free shuttles.
I've stayed there. However, when on my dime (or pts), and I'm solo, I'll defer to other properties.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
in case others missed it (surprised this news hasn't made it to this thread yet)...

CY ST drops to a Cat 3 on March 7th.

I've been considering this property anyway as a change of pace when in HKG. Now, it definitely represents value for points esp. with lounge access as Plat. I'll look forward to giving it a try on my next short stay in HKG.
Thanks for this update. I have stayed here before and may return there this Sept.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 6:28 pm

I believe there is now a Level thirty lounge and bar on the same floor as the executive lounge. Did the hotel shrink the executive lounge to make space for the Level thirty lounge and bar?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Any recent stays in 2017?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Any recent stays in 2017?
Had a stay recently and must say very impressed for a CY. Booked deluxe, pre-upgraded to Studio and upgraded to executive suite on arrival as a gold. Lounge is solid and good selection for both breakfast and evening canapes. Drinks and snacks selection outside of those times are slightly disappointing and the cafe downstairs is something to avoid. But still a very very solid CY.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Transportation from HKG to CY Sha Tin

Currently have booked HR TST but just realize that CY Sha Tin has dropped to a Cat 3... And it has a lounge....

I notice the hotel provides shuttle from University Station.

How far it is from the MTR station to the hotel should a cab is a better option?

(Though we return to Hong Kong often but haven't been at Sha Tin for a long long long time, so any info is truly appreciated.)
Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
Currently have booked HR TST but just realize that CY Sha Tin has dropped to a Cat 3... And it has a lounge....

I notice the hotel provides shuttle from University Station.

How far it is from the MTR station to the hotel should a cab is a better option?

(Though we return to Hong Kong often but haven't been at Sha Tin for a long long long time, so any info is truly appreciated.)
The distance between MTR University (which is the location of Hyatt ST) and CY ST can be discerned easily using maps. Now why CY runs a shuttle from University and not MTR Sha Tin (which is even closer) is what perplexes me.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The distance between MTR University (which is the location of Hyatt ST) and CY ST can be discerned easily using maps. Now why CY runs a shuttle from University and not MTR Sha Tin (which is even closer) is what perplexes me.
Did a bit more research on the CY - some mentioned about it took an hour on MTR to get to town? That is longer than taking a bus from Marriott Skycity to town! I suspect that is because you need to change 2 or more times depending on where you want/need to go.

As for the University station versus the Sha Tin station, my guess is, there are more needs to the University than to Sha Tin.

HR Sha Tin is a 12K property versus TST a 15K property. I would take HR TST any day over the Sha Tin location with such a small difference.

But the CY Sha Tin is 50% of the CY in HK Island or the Marriott Skycity, so it is worth to consider... Still, the negative factors outweigh the positive factor (only one, being cheap).
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
Did a bit more research on the CY - some mentioned about it took an hour on MTR to get to town? That is longer than taking a bus from Marriott Skycity to town! I suspect that is because you need to change 2 or more times depending on where you want/need to go.

As for the University station versus the Sha Tin station, my guess is, there are more needs to the University than to Sha Tin.

HR Sha Tin is a 12K property versus TST a 15K property. I would take HR TST any day over the Sha Tin location with such a small difference.

But the CY Sha Tin is 50% of the CY in HK Island or the Marriott Skycity, so it is worth to consider... Still, the negative factors outweigh the positive factor (only one, being cheap).
I've stayed many times at HR Sha Tin and have taken MTR to Kowloon, it's maybe 20 min. I realize CY ST is on a different line and requires a transfer to the blue line so it would take a bit longer depending upon schedules. I have no idea where people were going that it took an hour. Seems easy enough just to taxi back and forth from MTR ST. /shrug

OT: I happen to like the HR ST better than HR TST as a hotel and staff-wise, obviously the location is a different factor and leans to HR TST. I often stay on forced overnight connections as buses run to ST Centre every 20 min making the trip quite easy.

The bus that runs to CY ST only runs every 40 or 45 min making the schedule less convenient.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 11:56 pm

The CY ST runs shuttle to both MTR Sha Tin and University. From my memory the shuttle is more frequent to Sha Tin than University (at least for weekends in my memory). The shuttle runs every 75 mins on weekends and is only a 15mins ride to Sha Tin. University is actually closer to the CY but I guess Sha Tin is more touristic and civilised and hence the choice of more shuttles to Sha Tin.

The CY is located 5 mins walk away from the MTR Shek Mun. From there is around 20-25 mins ride to Kowloon Tong and Mongkok East where you've got plenty of public transport options to transit on.

You can find the shuttle bus schedule here: http://www.marriott.com/hotelwebsite...edule_2017.pdf

Last edited by Redwoodw; Jun 26, 2017 at 12:02 am
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Any recent lounge photos?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Any recent lounge photos?
+1 bump... ^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.