Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Gaylord Opryland Hotel, Nashville, TN [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2018, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hotel website: Gaylord Opryland Resort

The biggest perk may be the elite check-in, as the standard check-in line can be ridiculous (like winding lines along velvet ropes). Look for the desks on the opposite side of the lobby from general check-in.

Hat tip to OU812 for the following info:

Plats get 20% off spa services.

Resort fee $18 per day which includes basic internet, 2 bottles of water, and towels at the pool.

Self parking $23 per night + tax, valet $30 + tax.

Hotel isn't very good about upgrading elites, so don't expect much.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

I was just on the marriott page and it said Opryland does not participate in marriott rewards. I thought this was just until the system got updated. I find it odd because all of the other locations accept it.

However, I was able to book a room at the old Radisson which is now the Inn at opryland
Old Jan 15, 2013, 9:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by boardkicker1015
I was just on the marriott page and it said Opryland does not participate in marriott rewards. I thought this was just until the system got updated. I find it odd because all of the other locations accept it.
Opryland is supposed to officially join in 2013, but I don't think a date has been specified other than 'early 2013'. I saw the info on a dif thread. However, other than earning points & getting free i-net I wouldn't expect much at the property.

Here's the info: "On December 1, the Inn at Opryland arrives to Marriott Rewards, with Gaylord Opryland joining in 2013"

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jan 15, 2013 at 10:19 am
Old Jan 29, 2013, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by boardkicker1015
Inn at opryland
A Courtyard and Fairfield Inn are both also nearby.

With the three all within a stones throw of each other, two of the three do not have any breakfast perks for status members while the FI has standard breakfast for everyone.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 6:55 pm

Successfully booked rewards stay...

...tonight for a weekend near Christmas! Although it didn't automatically order the e-certs.

There was some wording near the confirmation # intimating Feb 1st as the first official date of participation in MR. YMMV.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 6:51 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

As of February 1, 2013, Gaylord Opryland is fully participating in Marriott Rewards.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 4:31 pm

Post Staying at the Gaylord Opryland right now

I just checked in today for 3 nights for a business conference. There is an Elite check-in station which was great as I only had to wait two minutes in line. The main front desk had a very large queue of people with a much longer wait (which the rest of the business folks in my group had to go to). The people staffing the Elite desk were very warm, polite, competent and efficient.

I received a room on the top floor (fifth) that is conveniently located right near the convention center area which was great. Although my wife is Platinum, I am merely Silver and since I was by myself, I was not expecting much. In comparing notes with the members in my party, they received rooms with zero view on the ground floor very far away from the convention center.

Room was standard size and very clean. Climate control is good so far. The room has a nice 37" LG flat screen LCD TV with a couple of dozen of high definition digital channels fed from DirecTV. I have been in a few hotels that feed analog signals to their flatscreens which is a waste.

There is the dreaded $18/night resort fee which includes their standard wifi which is very slow. The wifi signal was reasonably strong in my room. When you log onto their wifi, you are given the opportunity to upgrade to an enhanced speed connection (up to 3x faster) for an additional $6.99/day. There is a wired connection available in the room which was just as slow.

There is a shuttle from the airport to the hotel which cost $40 pp for round trip (runs every half hour). The shuttle tickets can be purchased from the Gaylord Opryland shuttle desk at the Ground Transportation section of the Nashville airport as well as at the hotel. Parking is $20 per day here.

Can't say anything about the service or restaurants, yet.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by mahdnc
I just checked in today for 3 nights for a business conference. There is an Elite check-in station which was great as I only had to wait two minutes in line. The main front desk had a very large queue of people with a much longer wait (which the rest of the business folks in my group had to go to). The people staffing the Elite desk were very warm, polite, competent and efficient.

I received a room on the top floor (fifth) that is conveniently located right near the convention center area which was great. Although my wife is Platinum, I am merely Silver and since I was by myself, I was not expecting much. In comparing notes with the members in my party, they received rooms with zero view on the ground floor very far away from the convention center.

Room was standard size and very clean. Climate control is good so far. The room has a nice 37" LG flat screen LCD TV with a couple of dozen of high definition digital channels fed from DirecTV. I have been in a few hotels that feed analog signals to their flatscreens which is a waste.

There is the dreaded $18/night resort fee which includes their standard wifi which is very slow. The wifi signal was reasonably strong in my room. When you log onto their wifi, you are given the opportunity to upgrade to an enhanced speed connection (up to 3x faster) for an additional $6.99/day. There is a wired connection available in the room which was just as slow.

There is a shuttle from the airport to the hotel which cost $40 pp for round trip (runs every half hour). The shuttle tickets can be purchased from the Gaylord Opryland shuttle desk at the Ground Transportation section of the Nashville airport as well as at the hotel. Parking is $20 per day here.

Car rentals are usually like $17/day +$9/tax from the airport if one is staying over a weekend. The parking is the killer. One can park in the mall area and walk over. Just not convenient.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by mahdnc

Thanks for the trip report!

Cheers.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Qantas Platinum 1, IHG Diamond, United 1K, Avis President
Originally Posted by qazw1
Car rentals are usually like $17/day +$9/tax from the airport if one is staying over a weekend. The parking is the killer. One can park in the mall area and walk over. Just not convenient.
This hotel offers pretty convenient services though. There is not much out in Opryland except for the convention center, which is where a lot of companies in the area hold their major conferences. This hotel offers a shuttle to downtown for 15$ and they have a special rate of 25$ for a taxi if you would rather take that.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 8:41 pm

Post More observations

Originally Posted by qazw1
The parking is the killer. One can park in the mall area and walk over. Just not convenient.
I suppose if I was planning on just staying on the property for a few days without using my car, I would consider parking my car over at the mall. As you said, the bad news is that it is not convenient in that it is a long walk. The good news is that there is an established side walk with cross walks that get you there.

Some more observations during my last night here:

1. the hotel is meticulously maintained; it's in very good shape inside & out.
2. my guest room has its own thermostat and the room temperature control is excellent.
3. Room service is pretty good, efficient, but very expensive. There is a 21% service charge + $4 delivery. There is alot of good communication attached to the room service--a call to let you know that the food is coming, a followup call to make sure everything was ok, and someone came up to take the dishes away. One cannot help but walk thru miles of hallway during their stay here--I only once saw a room service tray sitting on hallway floor outside a guest room door.
4. in-room safe is inside the bureau that the flat screen sits on. It easily held my laptop. Safe employs a user defined four digit code.
5. it took me three days, but I finally discovered the coffee maker underneath the second sink--the one located just outside the bathroom.
6. shower water was hot and water flow was plentiful and steady.
7. during my first evening in the room, I noticed that the flat screen would flicker in brightness every 10 seconds once the TV got warm. It made the TV unwatchable. I called that evening to have it replaced--asking that it be done in the morning. We agreed on a time (9am) and they replaced with a nice working TV along with a service card placed in the room.
8. The work desk has plenty of power plugs and a ethernet connection (the room has wireless wifi). There is one phone in the room, placed on the night stand.
9. The $18 resort fee also includes the bottled Aquafina water in the room.
10. Housekeepers were excellent. Did a great job and took care of things by morning.
11. Cell phone signal is strong in my room, but I did not have 3G service (my Verizon phone is not 4G).
12. No newspaper delivery to the door. Not even sure if complimentary newspapers were even available at the front desk.
13. I did not have a problem with room noise. One person in our group had a problem with noise in their room coming from a nearby bar.
14. During my evening here, I finally have learned my way around this place and know how to get to the different spots efficiently without getting lost. Of course, I check it out tomorrow.
15. There is a nice sports bar here to watch March Madness.
16. I would hate to be in this hotel if there was a fire (a comment on the hotel's size). There were plenty of elevators scattered across the hotel. Being only 5 floors, you did not have to wait long for one and the elevators were never crowded.
17. The nearby Opryand Mall offers several different dining options outside of the hotel.
18. They sell gelato in one of the food shops here. I learned to love it while in Italy. I did not get a chance to try it here.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Question Gaylord Opryland Sold Out - Any way to get in?

So, I'm going to a conference for 4-5 days at the Gaylord Opryland hotel in about a month and all the rooms at the the main hotel and the other Marriott across the street are sold out.

Is there any chance of getting in there somehow? I'm only a silver, I don't believe that any of my colleagues are Platinum, but they may be Gold. We also have American Express Platinum business cards if they would be able to do anything?

Thanks
Old Apr 16, 2013, 8:54 am

Check w/ the conference organizers to see if they still have rooms available in their 'block', although if you're only a month out they might have released the rooms.

Book whatever hotel you can find & check back daily to both properties to see if something opens up. Ask both properties if they've got a waitlist you can go on; not likely, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Any Plat folk are only going to be able to do an override for their own room I believe.

Good luck!

Cheers.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
So, I'm going to a conference for 4-5 days at the Gaylord Opryland hotel in about a month and all the rooms at the the main hotel and the other Marriott across the street are sold out.

Is there any chance of getting in there somehow? I'm only a silver, I don't believe that any of my colleagues are Platinum, but they may be Gold. We also have American Express Platinum business cards if they would be able to do anything?

Thanks
What are the dates? We can check and see if anyone can get a Plat override.

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Check w/ the conference organizers to see if they still have rooms available in their 'block', although if you're only a month out they might have released the rooms.

Book whatever hotel you can find & check back daily to both properties to see if something opens up. Ask both properties if they've got a waitlist you can go on; not likely, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Any Plat folk are only going to be able to do an override for their own room I believe.

Good luck!

Cheers.
Correct, you can only get 1 room at the regular rate (no AAA or discounted rate).
Old Apr 16, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
It turns out that the hotel across the street (another marriott) does still have some availability, so we just booked there.

We will keep checking the main property and hoping for spots to open up and I will try to contact them and ask about a waiting list or something like that.

Thanks
Old Apr 18, 2013, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
It turns out that the hotel across the street (another marriott) does still have some availability, so we just booked there.

We will keep checking the main property and hoping for spots to open up and I will try to contact them and ask about a waiting list or something like that.

Thanks
The Inn is a very noisy place. They have the pool in the middle of the hotel atrium. It is constantly filled with screaming kids. We also find the rooms to be quite old and fairly run down. If you do stay there and want some quiet, see if you can get a room far away from the pool. Also, hotel terribly understaffed.

I would recommend having a rental car. You can park it in the mall for free and walk over to the Opryland.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.