Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does anyone knows special codes for Marriott?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone knows special codes for Marriott?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2005, 8:34 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Sorry for a dumb question: is there a spot on the website for these codes to be entered or do I need to be calling? I can't figure out the website. If I enter 3 letter codes it wants 4 letter codes.

Thanks.

Last edited by tvl4free; Jul 17, 2005 at 2:13 pm
Old Jul 17, 2005, 10:58 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Hi there tvl4free! When you are on the Marriott website (reservations) there is a box under Additional Info/ Search for Special Rates/ Corporate or promotional code.

There you can insert a 3 letter code for which you are elgible. AFAIK the 4 letter codes are only usuable over the phone.

Does that make sense? If not I would be glad to try and help further.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Will be updating Code listing soon.. seeking input on changes

I'll be updating the Marriott Corp code listing shortly (within the month of July)

If you guys know of any errors, any additions etc.. please post. I will change the listing at

Post #335 page 23 on this thread.

Actually I'll copy the old thread and edit the changes and move it to a new location at the end of this thread.. i'll edit the old one to say moved to post number XXX on pg # XX
Old Jul 21, 2005, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I can move it anywhere you like. Want to start a new thread? I can make that one sticky and unstick this one, which is getting kind of long and difficult to use. Just let me know what you want me to do.

Bruce
Old Jul 21, 2005, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
Add SAR for sara Lee .. Works great in some cities like Greensboro, NC
Old Jul 21, 2005, 12:15 pm

What ever you think works for me.. my plan here was to give people till the weekend to post any changes and I'll go through the threads to update on my master work sheet here in my computer then repost to either this thread or a new one.. if we keep this thread, can we change the header or title to say what thread number and/or post number its on?

thanks

Originally Posted by bdschobel
I can move it anywhere you like. Want to start a new thread? I can make that one sticky and unstick this one, which is getting kind of long and difficult to use. Just let me know what you want me to do.

Bruce
Old Jul 21, 2005, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
How about starting a new thread, and I'll change the title of this one to refer to the new one (and we can refer to the old one in the new one).

Bruce
Old Jul 21, 2005, 10:25 pm

Do teachers qualify for GOV?

Do teachers qualify for GOV, since they are employed by the state, or do you need to be a federal employee?
Old Jul 22, 2005, 2:50 pm

How about starting a new thread, and I'll change the title of this one to refer to the new one (and we can refer to the old one in the new one).

Bruce

Sounds good to me
Old Jul 22, 2005, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ymcarthur2
Do teachers qualify for GOV, since they are employed by the state, or do you need to be a federal employee?
My personal read of the official Marriott policy is as long as they work for a governmental agency they qualify (city, state, township, federal govt etc)
Old Jul 22, 2005, 8:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
My wife is a teacher, and had been under that assumption too. All of a sudden had several properties that questioned and two that refused to accept the rate. I asked for clarification for Marriott and got a junk email reply. The two properties that refused and changed us to rack (not even lowest available online rate at the moment of change) later credited us back upon speaking with the GM, who remained by the policy that Teacher do not qualify. (Though my wife is considered an employee of Pinellas County School Board with payroll directly state funded).

Anyways, its rare that government is substantially lower than m11 etc, but on occasion will still use it. (not at the two properties referred to above).
Old Jul 23, 2005, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let's try to keep this thread to one topic, please

This discussion of who can use government rates is interesting and useful, but it really doesn't belong in this thread. If anybody wants to continue this discussion, please start a new thread (or search for an old one on the same topic to revive). That way, future searchers will be able to find it.

Thanks,

Bruce
Old Jul 23, 2005, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jonathansullivan
My wife is a teacher, and had been under that assumption too. All of a sudden had several properties that questioned and two that refused to accept the rate. I asked for clarification for Marriott and got a junk email reply. The two properties that refused and changed us to rack (not even lowest available online rate at the moment of change) later credited us back upon speaking with the GM, who remained by the policy that Teacher do not qualify. (Though my wife is considered an employee of Pinellas County School Board with payroll directly state funded).

Anyways, its rare that government is substantially lower than m11 etc, but on occasion will still use it. (not at the two properties referred to above).
Local hotels can have a different policy (LSOP) but the standard policy is

Rate Information
GOVERNMENT MILITARY RATE RATE IS LOCAL, CITY, COUNTY, STATE
FEDERAL, MILITARY AND RED CROSS
*** GOVERNMENT/RED CROSS ID MUST BE PRESENTED AT CHECK-IN
Old Jul 23, 2005, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This discussion of who can use government rates is interesting and useful, but it really doesn't belong in this thread. If anybody wants to continue this discussion, please start a new thread (or search for an old one on the same topic to revive). That way, future searchers will be able to find it.

Thanks,

Bruce
Sorry Bruce...just saw this after my response
Old Jul 23, 2005, 10:09 pm

Bruce, I'm done editing, there were not many additions since my April update but I've made it a little prettier LOL..

One thing for everyone, as much as I'd love to post new codes, I also would like to know if: there any that are on my list that are NOT any good anymore.. if so please post..

Otherwise Bruce, where should I post my new list?

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.