Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Hotel Torino, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2011, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...

Arrived today at the AC Torino. At reception the director apologized personally that the AC Hotels are not yet fully integrated. The hotel is very nice, a big lobby, the rooms are big and clean. The minibar is free (soft drinks only), and the breakfast as well. It's a bit difficult to get to because of the many one-way streets, but it's a good quality hotel on par with Renaissance (or even better).

Only Swisscom's Internet Ripoff is a bit annoying (22 EUR per day)...
Old Nov 9, 2011, 2:24 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Greetings - I hope to clear up some confusion with the recent launch of AC Hotels by Marriott.

The Guaranteed Lounge Access/Free Continental Breakfast benefit for Gold and Platinum Elite members is not available at AC Hotels by Marriott. This benefit remains only available in the Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge at participating JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels and Marriott Hotels & Resorts locations worldwide. However, in celebration of the new brand launch of AC Hotels by Marriott back in May, the hotels have been offering a complimentary breakfast buffet on two-day stays through January 8, 2012, using promotion code: PKG.

Safe travels, Andy
Old May 15, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Thinking about putting my wife up at this hotel next week for her trip to Turin...any recent stays?
What benefits do Golds get?

Any help is appreciated...Thanks!
Old May 16, 2013, 1:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Good, but not great

I stayed there on Tuesday night

Like most AC Hotels in Italy; its a beautiful, contemporary furnished hotel, in a "rough" part of town

Most rates I've seen include breakfast, thereby avoiding the "where's my free breakfast" discussion

Golds get free wifi (voucher code per device)

I'm happy to stay there for 1/2 nights, for a longer stay, I'd be tempted to venture outside MR
Old May 16, 2013, 4:04 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by Wickersley
I stayed there on Tuesday night

Like most AC Hotels in Italy; its a beautiful, contemporary furnished hotel, in a "rough" part of town

Most rates I've seen include breakfast, thereby avoiding the "where's my free breakfast" discussion

Golds get free wifi (voucher code per device)

I'm happy to stay there for 1/2 nights, for a longer stay, I'd be tempted to venture outside MR
Wickersley: Would you mind elaborating on your comments? Is the location that bad? We have several award nights booked there in June (so no breakfast).
Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Besides no breakfast and no lounge, there's also no bathrobe, no tissues, no soap for the shower, no complimentary water bottle, no view, and no ice machine (ok, standard for Europe, but I can still hope). The minibar apparently was once free, but no longer is (or maybe it was never free when using points, as I was). For us Americans who like ice, you have to go down to the bar and ask (and perhaps wait a while for someone to show up).

It seems no better than a typical courtyard.

Last edited by BigE; Jun 11, 2013 at 3:33 pm
Old Jun 11, 2013, 1:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by BigE

Well AC brand is probably similar. It's not like FS, although one would expect soap or bath&shower gel to be provided.

Cheers.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 4:26 pm

Besides no breakfast and no lounge, there's also no bathrobe, no tissues, no soap for the shower, no complimentary water bottle, no view, and no ice machine (ok, standard for Europe, but I can still hope). The minibar apparently was once free, but no longer is (or maybe it was never free when using points, as I was). For us Americans who like ice, you have to go down to the bar and ask (and perhaps wait a while for someone to show up).

Wickersley: Would you mind elaborating on your comments? Is the location that bad? We have several award nights booked there in June (so no breakfast).
Please accept my apologies, I've just seen your question (after your stay)

I must admit that your experience was considerably worse than mine (I stay there 6/7 nights a year (€, not points) - always get upgraded to a Deluxe room... Perhaps their view on award nights means no upgrade

(Having said that, the soap, tissues thing sounds like a housekeeping malfunction - unless you missed the "golf ball" soaps..)
Old Dec 30, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Diamond
Marriott AC Torino

Hi all

Going to Turin in a few weeks and staying at the AC Torino. Wondering if anyone else has visited and has an idea of what to expect.

Also, I have state with Marriott Gold status through Amex Platinum following the Starwood merger - what does this get me at AC hotels?

Thanks
James
Old Dec 30, 2016, 11:28 am

Last update was 3 years ago, but there's a thread on the property.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...rin-italy.html

Cheers.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 10:23 pm

any updates?
Old Aug 4, 2018, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
any updates?
Nothing much has changed, they still go through the motions; honestly I wouldn’t go out of my way to stay there.

They treat me very well when I’m there, but it’s very much a case of “you can put lipstick on a pig”
Old Aug 4, 2018, 11:50 pm

Are you expecting full service vs. limited service? The pig might look prettier if expectations are in order

Cheers.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 12:38 am

i'm trying to get a room for three adults, and the marriott site lets me pick any room... but that doesn't quite seem right.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 1:48 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Curious if there are any recent experiences here, particularly with regard to elite treatment and upgrades?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.