Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Cuenca, Spain

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2011, 2:24 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge
Original Poster

Greetings - I hope to clear up some confusion with the recent launch of AC Hotels by Marriott.

The Guaranteed Lounge Access/Free Continental Breakfast benefit for Gold and Platinum Elite members is not available at AC Hotels by Marriott. This benefit remains only available in the Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge at participating JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels and Marriott Hotels & Resorts locations worldwide. However, in celebration of the new brand launch of AC Hotels by Marriott back in May, the hotels have been offering a complimentary breakfast buffet on two-day stays through January 8, 2012, using promotion code: PKG.

Safe travels, Andy
Old Feb 13, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
AC Cuenca Spain

Very interesting town. Nice day trip from Madrid if you don't have time for a night's stay. I stayed here one night. Mixed results but generally I liked the property and AC chain very much.

Hotel is far from the new and old city but bus service to town is good and less than 1 euro. Near hotel is a large mall, 2 supermarkets (one in mall), and a McDonalds next to the hotel. #12 bus from the AVE station stops nearby (1e10).

Hotel and room decor is very very attractive. AC seems to be trying to emulate the Starwood W brand look and feel.

As platinum I was upgrade to a large corner room with small sitting area, separate large bathroom, and dressing area. Very very nice room, however there was NO safe. In this day every hotel room should have a private safe. I had to use a public safe a front desk which was so small it scratched my Mac. Room had bathrobe, slippers, proper hangers. Only one electrical outlet near desk.

Platinum amenity was a jar of nuts, a jar of candy (i think it might have been chocolate covered nuts--not sure) or 250 points. These were same offerings as other ACs so it may be standard. I think Marriott could do better. I took the points.

There is free internet in the lobby for all.

Free minibar was a nice touch although I tend to drink a lot of water so I still had to lug water from the grocery store. Minibar included 2 small still waters, 1 sparking water, 2 orange juice, 1 each tonic water, fanta, coke, coke light, San Miguel especial beer, a non alcoholic beer. I'm not 100% sure but I believe minibar attached to main electrical line so when you take out key your drinks and any food you are storing will get warm and possibly spoil.

Things I wish the room had:
--SAFE--all hotels should have a private laptop size safe in the room for security
--alarm clock or any kind of clock.
--coffee or hot water pot (rare to find at all but 5* hotels in spain)
--better lighting near desk

and lastly: -- AC is now part of Marriott more and more Americans will be staying at their properties. I stayed at 3 AC's on this trip and none had an English newspaper (even one on a pole in lobby would have been better than nothing). All had only BBC and CNN which to me are useless stations. I think it's time for AC to add CNBC and/or Bloomberg TV particularly if they are trying for a business clientele. (NH hotel in town has Bloomberg)

Also, they need better English speaking front desk clerks. We could barely communicate.

If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.