Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Burlington, MA (Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2012, 9:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Has anyone been here in the recent past? Posts directly discussing this property date to about 2003, so input would be appreciated.

It appears that the hotel has been renovated in the not too distant past, has a concierge lounge that reports note that on weekends they give Golds and Plats buffet breakfast coupons -- not my issue as I will be here on a weeknight -- and it offeres free parking.

The hotel's restaurant is known as Summer Winter and apparently it is the third that the James Beard award winning chefs own. That's all I know, can anyone offer anything else?
Old May 20, 2012, 10:02 pm

Love this place. Located just down from Burlington Mall with Cheesecake Factory and Legal Seafood. Have always treated me well as MR Gold, with decent spread in concierge lounge. Best of the choices nearby.
Old May 21, 2012, 5:17 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
i was at this location end of April. Standard updated Marriott rooms. Nothing really stood out as over the top for me. If it was over the top i would have remembered more.
Old May 21, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Thumbs up

We've been there twice in the past year and the OP pretty much has it down. I'll say that the dinner at Summer Winter was a really nice dining experience. Highly recommended.
Old May 21, 2012, 2:01 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks for the updates!

Anyone ever order room service from this property? Am wondering if the kitchen used is Summer Winter's.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; May 21, 2012 at 2:57 pm
Old May 21, 2012, 2:06 pm

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
I also like this property...the Summer Winter restaurant is great. They used to provide elites with breakfast vouchers for weekends to dine in the restaurant (it was great!) but I don't believe this is the case any longer. They also were one of the few Marriotts in the Boston area that used to accept the BOGOs. Ahhh, the good old days...... This was always my go to hotel while in the Boston area....sadly, no longer.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by dalm
They used to provide elites with breakfast vouchers for weekends to dine in the restaurant (it was great!) but I don't believe this is the case any longer.
Just got a voucher on 02jun2012 as a Gold... They actually ran out of the preprinted ones as I was in line so they wrote up "1 free breakfast" and signed it on their business card. The free breakfast was the hot buffet (didn't check if I could order off the menu instead).

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Thanks for the updates!
Anyone ever order room service from this property? Am wondering if the kitchen used is Summer Winter's.
Didn't end up ordering room service but I checked and room service uses the pub (Fitzwilliams). Judging from the breakfast sausages/bacon I think it may be the same for weekends.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 2:55 pm

Stayed there for like 50+ nights from last Nov to this Feb. Very nice hotel though GPS will direct you to a different location. LOL

Hotel staff is very nice and courteous, and the rooms are good. The only problem is that for the 50+ nights I was there, I was only able to get concierge level room like one time. Also they don't have shower gels for a FS marriott hotel, which was also kinda strange. And bathroom amenity is different from floor 6 and up.

Summer winter is a nice restaurant and the food was good. There are lots of restaurants around at the mall nearby.

Something I found out later that there is a Korean market near by the mall, which has a food court in it that serves different Asian food. Very yummy
Old Jun 6, 2012, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by tsukidayo

Something I found out later that there is a Korean market near by the mall, which has a food court in it that serves different Asian food. Very yummy
That would be the H-Mart.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by wxguy
That would be the H-Mart.
Ah yeah.. That's the place
Old Aug 2, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Any fresh reviews? Staying for only one night, but the hotel will probably be packed if I consider the going rate of 299$ for a regular room. (staying with a cat 1-4 certificate).
Old Aug 2, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
I was there last month, for a Saturday night stay. As it was the weekend, I thought it would be nice and quiet. WRONG!! They had Readercon, an "imaginative literature" convention, at the hotel - which means it was packed with a very eclectic array of characters. I did get a pre-check in upgrade of sorts, to a 'Skyline view' room, and yes, I could see the Boston skyline off in the distance. It wasn't overly large, but very comfortable, with a mini-fridge and flat-screen TV that actually showed hi-def stations!

As this was the weekend, the lounge was closed (and a sign indicated that it was taken over by the conference anyways), but I was able to get in using my room key to get some cans of soda (aside: the cans were those mini half-cans, and the glasses provided in the rooms were exactly big enough to hold the contents of one can. I like to think they did that on purpose.) Breakfast coupons good for the buffet were provided upon request, and I thought the buffet very good, with a 2-man omelet station and good aray of hot and cold breakfast items. They also have a decent workout room, and 2 pools, one indoor and one outdoor. Had a very nice swim in the outdoor pool.

All in all, I was very happy with both the stay and the service, and provided I can get a LNF rate, it has become my first choice among suburban Boston hotels.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 9:50 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Twickenham
I was there last month, for a Saturday night stay. As it was the weekend, I thought it would be nice and quiet. WRONG!! They had Readercon, an "imaginative literature" convention, at the hotel - which means it was packed with a very eclectic array of characters. I did get a pre-check in upgrade of sorts, to a 'Skyline view' room, and yes, I could see the Boston skyline off in the distance. It wasn't overly large, but very comfortable, with a mini-fridge and flat-screen TV that actually showed hi-def stations!

As this was the weekend, the lounge was closed (and a sign indicated that it was taken over by the conference anyways), but I was able to get in using my room key to get some cans of soda (aside: the cans were those mini half-cans, and the glasses provided in the rooms were exactly big enough to hold the contents of one can. I like to think they did that on purpose.) Breakfast coupons good for the buffet were provided upon request, and I thought the buffet very good, with a 2-man omelet station and good aray of hot and cold breakfast items. They also have a decent workout room, and 2 pools, one indoor and one outdoor. Had a very nice swim in the outdoor pool.

All in all, I was very happy with both the stay and the service, and provided I can get a LNF rate, it has become my first choice among suburban Boston hotels.
Great review! If you have not already done so, you should alert Sharon that this hotel provides breakfast coupons on request for ther Lounge Closure thread. ^

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Aug 2, 2012 at 10:00 am
Old Aug 2, 2012, 9:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Mmmm.... must be something going on similar to the convention you've witnessed. This place is usually around 129-150$ per night often, maybe I should stay elsewhere and I'm only a silver member anyway so I should not even expect any kind of upgrade. Thanks for the info.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Great review! If you have not already done so, you should alert Sharon that this hotel provides breakfast coupons on request for ther Lounge Clousre thread. ^
Thanks. I think the Lounge thread already has the correct info, but I'll give my stay date so she can update that.

Originally Posted by NBSPGMEMBER
Mmmm.... must be something going on similar to the convention you've witnessed. This place is usually around 129-150$ per night often, maybe I should stay elsewhere and I'm only a silver member anyway so I should not even expect any kind of upgrade. Thanks for the info.
What date are you looking at? In looking at random dates, weekdays tend to be rather expensive (I just saw a rate of $349 for October), but drop off dramatically on the weekends. I personally think it's a very nice hotel even without the Gold/Plat perks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.