Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Best Conversion Marriott Points to Miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2012, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

Recently, I signed up for US Airways 40k miles and Chase Marriott 70k points.
However, I would like to convert Marriott 70k points to miles. I have seen couple options on Marriott website that points can be converted to major airlines. Two of my preferred airlines are United and US Airways. I am wondering if there is the best way to convert these 70k points to miles of these 2 airlines. Maybe wait for promotion period? or Is it really worth to do it?

Thanks for your sharing information.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:42 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
US Air has run a promotion in May over the past few years where they will give you anywhere between a 25% and 75% bonus for hotel point transfers. 25% was for anyone, another 25% if you had a US credit card and another 25% if you had status with US, if my memory serves me correctly.

I've used this promo with a point transfer from a marriott travel package to essentially get 1.5 US DM's for every 1 marriott point. If you have only 70k, I don't think you have enough to do a travel package however.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.