Wiki Posts
Search

Status Match?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2011, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Status Match?

Does anyone now if Marriott Rewards will status match my Hilton Honors Gold status and if so, how do I go about requestiong it?

Thank you
Old Oct 16, 2011, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The will not, however you can enlist in the Platinum Challenge (for free) and stay 18 nights within a 3 month period and you'll hit instant Platinum for the duration of your challenge.

Make sure you sign up the first week of a month and you'll get that month in addition to 3 more to hit the 18 nights.

Good luck.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
There's a gold challenge as well, 12 nights in 3 months.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 5:23 pm

We did the Platinum Challenge in September (also Hilton Gold status). Called up and asked for it. Didn't even need to send any Hilton Gold documentation. They called it "a taste of platinum", IIRC. We were able to enjoy our status on our recent trip to China, staying at Marriotts and Courtyards- it was great.
I had assumed the status would end exactly 90 days after it was applied to the account (since we weren't able to do 18 stays) Are you saying that the 90 days start on the next month after we enrolled?? That would be the end of December for us, which would make a huge difference. Anybody know for sure? Any way to find out (other than calling, I guess)?
Old Oct 16, 2011, 6:48 pm

Programs: hilton hhonors
I took the status challenge from Hilton Diamond trying to get Marriott Gold. With the stay I'm on, in the last 2 months, I'll have stayed 15 days. So I'd get the gold.

However - can I call them this week and apply those 15 days to the Platinum challenge if I think I'll have a couple of more weeks of stays to apply - all within 3 months?

ie: when Gold challenge met, can those days apply to the Platinum challenge if still make it within the 3 months?

Thx. for any info.

ME
Old Oct 16, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by me55
I took the status challenge from Hilton Diamond trying to get Marriott Gold. With the stay I'm on, in the last 2 months, I'll have stayed 15 days. So I'd get the gold.

However - can I call them this week and apply those 15 days to the Platinum challenge if I think I'll have a couple of more weeks of stays to apply - all within 3 months?

ie: when Gold challenge met, can those days apply to the Platinum challenge if still make it within the 3 months?

Thx. for any info.

ME
nope, and only one challenge per 12 calendar months. Pick carefully before deciding which challenge to do.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PLAT, Starwood PLT, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by njcommodore
nope, and only one challenge per 12 calendar months. Pick carefully before deciding which challenge to do.
Is it really one per year? I thought it was longer than that. Otherwise you could basically do it every year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.