Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Bali Nusa Dua [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2011, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum

Since there is a Courtyard Bali Nusa Dua just having an opening in this year. Perhaps any FT member here have stayed in Courtyard and share about their stay. I'm planning to visit Bali on July and would consider to stay on this property. Thank you..
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:21 pm

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
Stayed on the 10th to the 12th of march. They had been open for less than 2 weeks.

+ Positives

Great service. The managers were genuinely enthusiastic and upbeat.
affordable rates.

Negatives

Pool really dirty. ( could be they were still not 100% ready to be open )
Breakfast selection very limited.
Rooms were average in size.
Not a beach front hotel.
No Valet
Even after a couple of calls, they have still not posted my stay. They kept saying they have posted it, yet after almost a month, it has not showed up in the MR system.

Overall I would say it was a pleasant experience for a courtyard. But there a lots of other hotel chains in bali, including *wood, Accor, Hyatt, and Hilton.

For the price I paid ($70++), it was a great value.

Plats don't expect to be upgraded to the best available room, the front desk advised me that as a plat I was upgraded to only 1 level above what I had reserved. Oh well.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SC Alum

For the price I paid ($70++), it was a great value.
$70++?? wow..I tried to book it but it appears $105++, mm..I thought 105 is already cheap, but 70? wow..now I think 105 is quite expensive than you got.

Originally Posted by SC Alum

Plats don't expect to be upgraded to the best available room, the front desk advised me that as a plat I was upgraded to only 1 level above what I had reserved. Oh well.
I wonder how they treat Gold...if Plat could not be upgraded to more than 1 level, perhaps no upgrade for Gold. lol
Old Apr 7, 2011, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Why would elites even THINK of going to a place like this? Surely we know better.

THere are amazing hotel bargains in Bali.

And if we're not going to get free breakfast (CY/resort)--go somewhere else that's on the beach and spectacular.

Life's too short to stay in CY when in Bali.

In fact--life's too short to stay in CY anywhere unless you are really desparate.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 4:52 am

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by travelexpert
Why would elites even THINK of going to a place like this? Surely we know better.

And if we're not going to get free breakfast (CY/resort)--go somewhere else that's on the beach and spectacular.

In fact--life's too short to stay in CY anywhere unless you are really desparate.
I've been to bali quite a number of times, stayed mostly at *wood props. Thought I would like to try something new.

Originally Posted by virtualaris
$70++?? wow..I tried to book it but it appears $105++, mm..I thought 105 is already cheap, but 70? wow..now I think 105 is quite expensive than you got.

I wonder how they treat Gold...if Plat could not be upgraded to more than 1 level, perhaps no upgrade for Gold. lol

I'm sure you could still get that rate via the marriott website. Last check, they even have a $80+ rate for a premium room and pay 2 nights get 3rd night free.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 6:39 am

Programs: Skyw. Gold,FB Gold,LH Sen.,TK Elite,HH Dia.*,Marriott Pl.*, Priority C.Pl.*,Starw. Pl.*, Hyatt Pl.*
I have booked a room at this hotel for my summer holiday (1 week).
Could you please guys reccomend another good budget hotels better than this new one property? Thank you for your advice!
Old Apr 17, 2011, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lovelymaverick74
I have booked a room at this hotel for my summer holiday (1 week).
Could you please guys reccomend another good budget hotels better than this new one property? Thank you for your advice!
Do you mean "really budget" or 3 or 2 stars properties and In which area (Nusa Dua also, Kuta, Ubud)? probably if you could be more specific, I'll sort out some recommendations for you.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: Skyw. Gold,FB Gold,LH Sen.,TK Elite,HH Dia.*,Marriott Pl.*, Priority C.Pl.*,Starw. Pl.*, Hyatt Pl.*
Originally Posted by virtualaris
Do you mean "really budget" or 3 or 2 stars properties and In which area (Nusa Dua also, Kuta, Ubud)? probably if you could be more specific, I'll sort out some recommendations for you.
thank you for your help, i mean a 4-5 stars category not being bloody expensive. appreciate your advice!

^
Old Jun 20, 2011, 4:02 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Originally Posted by travelexpert

Have to disagree on at least one Courtyard property. We loved the Shanghai Xuhahui and thought it was great. We had upgrade to high floor corner room with striking view, great food and drink in the CL, and a free breakfast on demand at the Momo Restaurant. Used our points, but the nightly rate was under $100. Will probably rebook if we're back in Shanghai. I've heard all the Courtyards in China are top notch properties. We're planning a fall trip to Bali and were planning to stay at the Bali Nusa Dusa. Guess I need to gather more information on this particular property.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 4:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Plat, PAL Mabuhay Miles, Delta Skymiles, Asia Miles
We're also planning to redeem 2 nights stay here in August and will appreciate more feedback on this hotel.
How's the room for Platinum member upgrade?

thanks
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Good info here.

I'd recommend that we merge this thread with this one here: Courtyard Nusa Dua Bali
Old Jul 4, 2012, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Stayed there for a night last year and it was an ok stay after much confusion at the check in i.e. about the Marriott elite status etc. I did get quite a nice upgrade.

You can read the write up that I did and more than 70+ photos around the property here.

Last edited by holtju2; Jul 5, 2012 at 10:04 am
Old Jul 5, 2012, 9:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by holtju2
Stayed there for a night last year and it was an ok stay after much confusion at the check in i.e. about the Marriott elite status etc. I did get quite a new upgrade.

You can read the write up that I did and more than 70+ photos around the property here.
Thanks for the update & photos!

You didn't mention an executive lounge, so I'm guessing it didn't have one?

Cheers.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

You didn't mention an executive lounge, so I'm guessing it didn't have one?
No club lounge.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by holtju2
No club lounge.
Do they provide breakfast for Golds and Plats as per CYs in Thailand?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.