Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Hotel Ambassadeur Antibes- Juan les Pins, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2011, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold

Here is the press release from Marriott:

Renaissance Hotels Announce Newest Gem on France’s Cote d’Azur

221-room Hotel Ambassadeur to be Rebranded a Renaissance Hotel Early Next Year

Marriott International, Inc. today announced an exciting new addition to its Renaissance Hotels portfolio, the 221-room Renaissance Antibes Juan-les-Pins Hotel. In early 2012, the Hotel Ambassadeur, located in the heart of Juan-les-Pins, will be re-branded a Renaissance Hotel under a management agreement with Jesta Group. The Renaissance Antibes Juan-les-Pins Hotel will join the soon-to-open JW Marriott Hotel Cannes as Marriott continues to grow its presence on France’s famed Cote d’ Azur.

Tripadvisor reviews for the Hotel Ambassadeur suggest a property with potential!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR..._Provence.html
Old Feb 7, 2011, 7:15 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Great news that Marriott is strengthening its offerings on the Cote d'Azur.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platnum, Marriott Lifetime Platnum
Future Renaissance Antibes Juan-les-Pins

I read the posts on Trip Advisor and wonder what standards Marriott will require for renovations based upon the various comments. It is a great move to have now 2 properties in the south of France.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Beach9bum
I wonder what standards Marriott will require for renovations based upon the various comments.
Just came across another release that mentioned a comprehensive "multimillion-Euro" renovation took place in 2009.

If you look at the official hotel photos (as opposed to guest photos which are from 2008) at Tripadvisor.com--you will see the hotel rooms and public areas are quite spiffy. However, some of the more recent Tripadvisor reviews suggest that the renovation is not complete.

Hopefully Marriott will transform this property into something enticing.

And maybe even NOT call it a resort so that loyal Platinums and Golds can be made to feel welcome with complimentary breakfast...

Last edited by travelexpert; Feb 9, 2011 at 12:47 am
Old Feb 8, 2011, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
I stayed in 1995 back when it was (IIRC) part of the Concorde group. It has a good location, not directly on the beach bur close enough. I stayed here when I had business in Sophia Antipolis - much better staying in Juan les Pins than staying in the sterile environment of the business complex.
Old May 29, 2011, 3:24 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
I am confused by this property. On Marriott.Com it says it opens January 2012, but it is showing availabilty for July 2011. I know it is not a new build, but will I get the usual Gold MR privileges for a stay in July?
Old May 29, 2011, 9:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'd suggest calling MR & finding out. For example, with the new properties in Spain, people are able to book them now but points earning doesn't start until late '11. This property might be similar.

Cheers.
Old May 30, 2011, 12:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
This will be the 3rd as they already have Cap dÁil and Cannes

Originally Posted by Beach9bum
I read the posts on Trip Advisor and wonder what standards Marriott will require for renovations based upon the various comments. It is a great move to have now 2 properties in the south of France.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 1:54 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Anyone stayed here?

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any experience on this location? Even in Tripadvisor, the newest review is back in 2004!.

Am thinking if it is worth to spend the money here.

Cheers!
Old Mar 10, 2012, 3:56 pm

The last reviews appear to be before the rebranding but they were last year (and generally mediocre). http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._Provence.html

I'll say that I'm surprised by how the rate is in the middle of summer (as low as 130 Euro/night) which is ridiculously cheap for a nice place on the Cote D'Azur.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Earning and redeeming points

Anyone know if you earn MR points for paid stays at the Juan-les-pins property? The web site won't let me redeem for points on any date in the coming 12 months. I'm thinking about stating there in the next two weeks and would like to earn MR points and night credit.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 3:52 am

Programs: SPG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Anyone know if you earn MR points for paid stays at the Juan-les-pins property? The web site won't let me redeem for points on any date in the coming 12 months. I'm thinking about stating there in the next two weeks and would like to earn MR points and night credit.
Just looked at this property on Marriott's web site.... listed as a Cat 7. I can't imagine that points/stay credit will not be granted for a stay here. You can book this place just like any other Marriott... if for some reason points were not offered, how would one know?

I betting that getting credit here for a stay is no problem.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 5:36 am

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Originally Posted by Travel Pro
Just looked at this property on Marriott's web site.... listed as a Cat 7. I can't imagine that points/stay credit will not be granted for a stay here. You can book this place just like any other Marriott... if for some reason points were not offered, how would one know?

I betting that getting credit here for a stay is no problem.
I was there last year in summer and I couldn't... I tried to claim the points, but Marriott said it was only after the renovation is done this year that you can get points/stay credit.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:30 am

Programs: SPG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by alfahund
I was there last year in summer and I couldn't... I tried to claim the points, but Marriott said it was only after the renovation is done this year that you can get points/stay credit.
@alfahun.... Last summer, were you able to book the property as you can now via the Marriott web site?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:29 am

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Originally Posted by Travel Pro
@alfahun.... Last summer, were you able to book the property as you can now via the Marriott web site?
Yes, I was. It has been there for a long time...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.