Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Plat/Plat Prem: Post, Compare and Optimize MegaBonus Offers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Plat/Plat Prem: Post, Compare and Optimize MegaBonus Offers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2010, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Lasy day of promo = 20th night?

I am registered for the current "Global" promotion, and am slated to get 25K points if I stay 20 nights by 8/31.

My 20th night will be the night of 8/31 - any idea if I will get the 25K points, even though they won't post until later that week? I check out on 9/2, if that makes a difference.

Just trying to figure out if I need to end my reservation on the 31st to get those points.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 15, 2010, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
I just tried to switch from the highest promo to the Courtyard 3 stays - they said no, that's it's not part of the summer megabonus promo and that's it targeted. I wasn't targeted apparently.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, Marriott AMB/LTT, Hyatt EX, HH Dia, Ntl EEE
CY Promo

I was targeted for the CY promo but I don't stay in any of those states. So I didn't risk it and get nothing out of staying at the CY when I can just as well stay at a FS Marriott.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:03 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by ORDtoAnywhere
I am registered for the current "Global" promotion, and am slated to get 25K points if I stay 20 nights by 8/31.

My 20th night will be the night of 8/31 - any idea if I will get the 25K points, even though they won't post until later that week? I check out on 9/2, if that makes a difference.

Just trying to figure out if I need to end my reservation on the 31st to get those points.

Thanks in advance!

Marriott Concierge answered a similar question in the past about a bonus promo that ran to April 30th, stating...

Any stay will count towards the promotion as long as check-in or check-out dates fall within the promotional dates. So yes, a 4/30 check in would count...

So on that basis, yes, August 31st stay would qualify...
Old Jul 24, 2010, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, WN AL/CP, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by ORDtoAnywhere
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
So on that basis, yes, August 31st stay would qualify...
Beat me to it. But if for some reason it's not automatic, I'm certain a CS rep will fix it for you manually if you ask.

Originally Posted by ramalama8
I just tried to switch from the highest promo to the Courtyard 3 stays - they said no, that's it's not part of the summer megabonus promo and that's it targeted. I wasn't targeted apparently.
Unusual. I would suggest you call again and try a different representative. If you decide to call them again, please update here. If necessary, I will label the OP stating that this promo is targeted.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 10:10 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
I called and got it changed, but this hasn't shown up in my account online... is there typically a lag time? Or does it never change?
Old Aug 5, 2010, 11:13 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I got a dif offer:

Earn up to 2 free nights plus save up to $50 on a Hertz® car rental during the Marriott Rewards® Global Promotion from June 1 - August 31, 2010.

See Details
As a valued Marriott Rewards member, we appreciate your loyalty to our family of brands. To thank you, we are offering you this valuable promotion that's sure to get you to your dream vacation faster.

Here's all you have to do to begin earning your free hotel nights plus a Hertz car rental discount:

Stay at any of the more than 3,200 participating Marriott® hotels between June 1 and August 31, 2010.
Earn 1 free night after every 3rd paid stay (for a maximum of 2 free nights) + up to $50 off a Hertz car rental.

Cheers.
I currently have the 20/25k/25/40k promo but only have 17 nights so far in the period. I could get three more for the month if I need to (but it would be a pain), but could not get 8. I already have 6+ stays.

However, I do have two personal nights coming up in Cat 4 properties (9/26 and 10/30). My question is if I get my promo switched to the one quoted above, will I get these certificates in time to use them for the 9/26 trip? Are there any restrictions I need to know about with the certificates?

Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2010, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My last 15k posted this week. No end in site for weekly hotel stays.......bring on the next mega bonus
Old Aug 10, 2010, 3:18 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Can someone tell me... if I call up the Plat line, and they successfully change my megabonus, will it show up on the website? I won't be traveling as much this quarter so I dropped my megabonus for the cat4 cert after every 3 stays (maximum of 2), but it still shows the old 25K pts promo when I log in. Is this normal?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 3:49 pm

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Can someone tell me... if I call up the Plat line, and they successfully change my megabonus, will it show up on the website? I won't be traveling as much this quarter so I dropped my megabonus for the cat4 cert after every 3 stays (maximum of 2), but it still shows the old 25K pts promo when I log in. Is this normal?
they will tell you that they must change it manually after the promotion ends. That is what I did last quarter and what I am doing this quarter. I called earlier and they made a note on my account. I am planning on calling them next week to make sure nothing has changed and that i am on target to have the promo changed to the 2 certs vs points.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 9:44 am

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Miles and Megabonus

I am new to Marriott, is it possible to earn miles say under the 5k/stay and also earn towards the megabonus or do you have to choose points to get megabonus.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, WN AL/CP, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by stallion114
I am new to Marriott, is it possible to earn miles say under the 5k/stay and also earn towards the megabonus or do you have to choose points to get megabonus.
You generally can't earn both points and miles at the same time (the exception: you're earning miles and spending money on a Marriott Visa card).
Old Aug 12, 2010, 11:53 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG/Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by KMC1982
I currently have the 20/25k/25/40k promo but only have 17 nights so far in the period. I could get three more for the month if I need to (but it would be a pain), but could not get 8. I already have 6+ stays.

However, I do have two personal nights coming up in Cat 4 properties (9/26 and 10/30). My question is if I get my promo switched to the one quoted above, will I get these certificates in time to use them for the 9/26 trip? Are there any restrictions I need to know about with the certificates?

Thanks!
I'm signed up with the free night cert after 3rd stay program, and as soon as my third stay was posted on my account, I received the cert almost immediately. It was in electronic format, you can see it in your account page. And I just called the next day and have them apply and made a reservation for me.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 2:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, PC Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by greasy
I'm signed up with the free night cert after 3rd stay program, and as soon as my third stay was posted on my account, I received the cert almost immediately. It was in electronic format, you can see it in your account page. And I just called the next day and have them apply and made a reservation for me.
Unfortunately things are a bit different when one switches promos. I switched into the free night cert after every 3 stays. When you switch promos, Marriott Rewards staff has to manually calculate your earnings. They can't do this until 15 days after the promo ends, so in the case of this summer promotion, I will not receive my free night certs until 15 September.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 5:24 am

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by greasy
greasy,
no one has mentioned (or i missed it), what expiration is on the free certs you got on this promo? i am one of those switching so won't know until mid September and have travel plans late this year and erly next year. just trying to get a head start on how i will handle the stays. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.