Wiki Posts
Search

What Level for Next Year?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2010, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
What Level for Next Year?

Looking for some crystal ball reading here...

I've been Plat for several years. Some years I barely renewed, while others I blasted past the 75 nights. 2008 was a squeaker, at about 80 nights, while 2007 was a blaster, with close to 100 stays.

During 2009, my company significantly cut back on travel from Mar-Oct. My 48 nights were mostly earned in Jan-Feb and Oct-Dec.

Marriott offered a challenge to keep Plat, but I fell four nights short.

Where will I land this year? Silver, as that as what I truly earned, Gold, for a soft landing, or Plat, in recognition that I've been Plat for several years and my travel pattern indicates I'm likely to continue at the Plat level on the number of stays going forward?

Additional info: My stays are across the brands, as I usually stay at whatever is closest to my customer. Pretty evenly split between JW, FS, Ren, SHS, CY and FI. I only stay at RI when in ILM, as the CY is horrid and the RI above-and-beyond excellent. My company has negotiated rates with most hotels that lessen the revenue per hotel.

Guesses? Informed guesses? Past experiences? Although I'm not sure why this is important to me, I'd like to keep my Plat status. (Biggest perk used: last minute rooms and CL.)
Old Jan 1, 2010, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I'd say you'll end up Gold, either by default or with a nice, short email request. But I wouldn't be surprised at PLT - I was kept there after a year at about 65 nights following a long history of 80-120/yr.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 11:03 am

Programs: US Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CPRich
I'd say you'll end up Gold, either by default or with a nice, short email request. But I wouldn't be surprised at PLT - I was kept there after a year at about 65 nights following a long history of 80-120/yr.

Sounds exactly like me... I've usually been 80-120/yr, and this year, only achieved 66 nights. Fingers crossed that I am renewed for Platinum!

As for the OP, I wouldn't be surprised if you at least got Gold - I thought MR had soft landings, so I'd be surprised to see you fall all the way to Silver.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
I'm in the same boat....39 nights this year so I will drop from earned Plat to earned Silver unless they somehow grant me Gold.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by USFreak
I'm in the same boat....39 nights this year so I will drop from earned Plat to earned Silver unless they somehow grant me Gold.
With roll over nights this year, you should easily be able to reach a higher level, no?
Old Jan 1, 2010, 10:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Marriott does soft landings, and they also take into account prior history if you have been a platinum for the past 3 years. These are unofficial aspects of the reward program, but they do have someone manually examine each multiyear platinum account that has fallen short (those with at least 3 years in a row of earned platinum status).
Old Jan 2, 2010, 7:29 am
Original Poster

OP here - a missing stay just posted, so I have 49 nights for last year. I'm going to reconcile my expense reports to my MR account to see if I can find an additional uncredited night to at least ensure earned Gold. That would likely make a better case for MR to keep me at Plat.

Anyone know when 2010 Levels will show on your account?
Old Jan 2, 2010, 8:12 am

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
Originally Posted by bsdstone
With roll over nights this year, you should easily be able to reach a higher level, no?
I thought the rollover nights only kicked in once you hit the level you were at when the promotion was announced?
Old Jan 2, 2010, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by bsdstone
As a PLT, any nights over 75 in 2009 would carry over into 2010 to earn 2011 status. I'm not clear how 49 nights in 2009 would "easily reach" 2010 status.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Anyone know when 2010 Levels will show on your account?
March 1, 2010
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Got my Plat renewal in the mail today. Thanks Marriott!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.