Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott survey

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2013, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Marriott survey

I recently stayed at a Marriott. A couple of days after I checked out, I received an e-mail from the manager of the hotel thanking me for my business.

In the same e-mail, the manager wrote: “You may also receive a guest satisfaction survey from Marriott. 500 bonus points will be sent to your Marriot Rewards account upon completion. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott!”

A couple of days later, I did receive a survey from Marriott and completed it. However, I did not receive the 500 points mentioned by the manager in the e-mail I received.

When I called Marriott to ask why the points were not awarded, I was told that I would not receive the points unless I rated the hotel with the highest possible ratings. I did not rate the hotel with the highest possible rating.

There is nothing in the e-mail from the manager or the survey that states that the grades I assigned to the hotel must all be the highest or there would not be any points.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with Marriott?

Has anyone a suggestion for my getting the promised points?

I realize that 500 points is not a lot. However, I find it unethical to ask a guest to complete an evaluation only to tell the guest they will not receive points because they did not furnish the best evaluation of the hotel. Such an evaluation would be meaningless.

By the way, the particular Marriott is quite nice and I would probably stay there again. However, the survey asked specific questions and called for a rating between 1 and 10 (10 being the best). I did not pick 10 for each question; I picked my answers (ratings) based on my personal experience.

Thanks for a response or a suggestion.
-
Old Nov 3, 2013, 12:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Sounds a bit unethical to bribe...
Old Nov 3, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: LTP, PP
This is very disturbing on many levels.

First, I confirms that these are not anonymous when I think was discussed here a few weeks ago. Not that I mind giving feedback with my name but it should be disclosed. And then it makes me wonder the lack of feedback over the years when I've pointed out serious issues during a stay. I did get an apology email from a SPG GM recently when I complained of noise.

I've gotten similar "thank you" emails from Marriott hotels and other chains practically begging you to give all 10's or 5's or tell them directly why you could not. But never the promise of a bribe. Or a bribe with undisclosed conditions!

Finally, the expectations that a rating has to be a 10 to be satisfactory. On a 1-10 scale, there is too many shades to expect 10's across the board even on a perfect stay.

Can you name the Marriott? My guess is that they are trying too hard for whatever ratings & bonuses come with this feedback as Socrates has pointed out in the past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.