Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

HELP-Serve shut down and don't live near a wal-mart--What are my options for MS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP-Serve shut down and don't live near a wal-mart--What are my options for MS?

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2016, 12:53 am
Suspended

Smile

Originally Posted by PowerMan572
You're not going to get much love by coming here and asking something like this. All your answers can be found online if you just do your homework and read. Since you seem like you want something as easy as Serve, but you were shutdown, I would just drop out of the game completely.

You're going to have to read, go out on your own, do some test runs, see what works in your area, get to know the workers at the stores, etc. It's a process to learn to say the least.
Actually, there HAVE been many suggestions above, including several of mine....
Old May 1, 2016, 1:12 am

Many? HAHA! 2 ideas is hardly "many." Let me rephrase. He's going to get little support.

Ohhh, Square and USPS! yay! Depending on what card(s) he is using, Square is an easy way for him to get shutdown faster and get out of this game.
Old May 1, 2016, 1:31 am
Suspended

Talking

Originally Posted by PowerMan572
Many? HAHA! 2 ideas is "many." Let me rephrase. He's going to get plenty of support.

Ohhh, Square and USPS! Depending on what card(s) he is using, Square is excellent.
I have been Squaring for Years without issue. I simply swipe my wife's Citi, BOA, Chase, Cappy 1, Or Whatever Card I need to hit Min. Spend on, and though the 2.75% Fee is a bit pricey, it's a convenient way to hit Spends from my living room. In fact I just recently did it on Spark.

In fact Square is the best way for people like me who live 100+ miles from a WM. Yes, there are several WM's I use WHEN Im in the area, but I wouldnt make a special trip there just for this.
Yes, there have been many excellent ideas above, and unlike others on here, Im more than Happy to help anyone in any way I can. He'll get ALL the support I can possibly give, from me.
Im not going to direct someone to read something that I can easily answer in 10 Seconds. Some surly people are like that, but I am not. Im here to help people, and that's the only reason I signed up. If there is any information I can help people with, I'll try my best to do so.

Last edited by Ram Trucks; May 1, 2016 at 1:36 am
Old May 1, 2016, 9:08 am

Newbies should beware that swiping AU cards with the same address (not necessarily having same last name) as the primary will shutdown the primary's account. Don't take my word for it, research online. Before ya'll take this route, please read their TOS and feedback on this company. It's not an easy nor risk free MS route.
Old May 1, 2016, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Mamibear
Newbies should beware that swiping AU cards with the same address (not necessarily having same last name) as the primary will shutdown the primary's account. Don't take my word for it, research online. Before ya'll take this route, please read their TOS and feedback on this company. It's not an easy nor risk free MS route.
Not necessarily true, Miami Bear (although I always thought it was Miami Dolphins or Chicago Bears? Or Newark Bears? JK, I digress, LOL).
I emailed Square, specifically asking them if I could bill a family member for some "landscaping" service. They responded that while I cannot bill myself, I am more than welcome to bill any family member, even at the same address. I have "invoiced" and "billed " my wife for several "landscaping" services over The Years, without issue. After my second transaction, they did send me an online audit-type questionnaire, about my "business". I made up some answers, and apparently passed their audit, because that happened A Long Time Ago, and I never had a problem since. I dont use them Every Day, of course. On average, twice Monthly, just to meet Min's. Again, never had a problem.
Also, not sure if this matters, but since I dont use their "reader" to swipe, I instead use their invoice method. I generate an invoice through their website, which gets emailed to her, and she enters her CC info. online to "Pay" me. They have an invoice-generation feature which lets me write phantom invoices for services such as "painting", "driveway paving", or whatever, LOL. She opens her email, clicks the invoice and just Pays online. Loot is in my bank account in 24 Hours! Pretty painless.

Last edited by Ram Trucks; May 1, 2016 at 2:32 pm
Old May 1, 2016, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by missing_link
There are apparently over 31,000 retail USPS locations in the U.S. (See https://about.usps.com/who-we-are/po...size-scope.htm). Far more than there are Walmarts.

Where do you live that there aren't any USPS locations?
Most of the world lives pretty far from a convenient USPS location. In fact, one of the most populous cities in the world, Dehli, is also one of the farthest cities from a nearby USPS.
Old May 1, 2016, 7:14 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
1. I filled out an online form asking that USPS open a location next to me, and to make sure the MO machine was fast. Thus far they are ignoring me.

2. In addition to high volumes at USPS and Square, I recommend PayPal loads. Hit it hard and fast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.