Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Giftcardrescue.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:05 am

Last edited by Zhiheng Xu; Jul 18, 2016 at 5:26 pm
Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:44 pm

Looks like Giftcardrescue just shut down, and no additional payments will be made. This is terrible for anybody who was owed any money from them. Will Run For Miles did a summary of it, but it doesn't look like much recourse is available unless you can hire an attorney.

http://willrunformiles.boardingarea....262.1411796112
Old Jul 18, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
No Email From Giftcard Rescue

There have been reports that some people were emailed regarding Giftcardrescue.com going out of business. I sold them a few gift cards on 2 different occasions. I never received funds for one of the sales and for some reason still haven't been emailed about them going out of business. I would assume that there will be some form of bankruptcy proceedings. Does anyone know how I can get my claim in place?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 4:22 pm

I lost $445 to them for some gas gift cards. Been getting the run-around for 2.5 months now. Check has been in the mail twice. No response to my last CS email and didn't get a response when I tried emailing the CEO.

If anyone is organizing a class action lawsuit, count me in.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:40 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
feel back for anyone who didn't see this thread before selling them cards and now might be SOL. there were lots of warnings to avoid these guys in this thread, but unfortunately most have probably found it AFTER having problems with them.

i had one experience with them. sold them cards last December and didn't get paid until march. didn't deal with them again.

gift card re-selling is high risk.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Crooks

Got the "gee, we'd really like to pay what we owe, but we just can't" e-mail today. Kwame Kuadey should be ashamed of himself. I doubt that he is, though.

Andyandy

Last edited by andyandy; Jul 19, 2016 at 10:04 am
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by andyandy
Got the "gee, we'd really like to pay what we owe, but we just can't" e-mail today. Kwame Kuadey should be ashamed of himself. I doubt that he is, though.

Andyandy
He belongs in prison. If they can't find anything to charge him with I guess burning in Hell for eternity will have to do. What a scumbag.

When I had issues with GCR during my one and only experience with them, I left reviews at the relevant sites with the hope that people doing their due diligence would be deterred from using their services.

Today's lesson: always perform exhaustive due diligence in your first interaction with a company when 100s or more dollars are on the line.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by bigugly
He belongs in prison. If they can't find anything to charge him with I guess burning in Hell for eternity will have to do.
Theft by deception would be a good start:

"A person may not willfully or knowingly obtain or exert unauthorized control over property, if the person: (1) intends to deprive the owner of the property;(2) willfully or knowingly uses, conceals, or abandons the property in a manner that deprives the owner of the property."

Md. Code Ann., Crim. Law § 7-104

My individual case doesn't rise to the felony level (<$1,000), but I'm sure that the aggregate theft is well above the Class A felony range.

Andyandy
Old Jul 25, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Count me in too. Giftcardrescue owes me $276. Not a lot, I know, but it was 3 months overdue before they went out of business, and that was after I had called and emailed multiple times, inquiring on the status of my payment.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by odin99
gift card re-selling is high risk.
How many gift card re-sale websites have gone out of business in the last several months?

I've lost track. Possibly a casualty of the death of MS?
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by sybloc
How many gift card re-sale websites have gone out of business in the last several months?

I've lost track. Possibly a casualty of the death of MS?
Let's see:
GCR
Junkcard
Monster (still technically alive but they stole a card from me - I declared it lost/stolen)
Giftcardo
PJ (a while ago)

Any others?
Old Jul 29, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Originally Posted by sybloc
Possibly a casualty of the death of MS?
I think you're right...

Look at all us MS'ers were doing for the economy! Now the one gentleman in GiftCardRescue's (terrible) customer service is out of a job!
Old Jul 29, 2016, 10:03 pm

They sent me a $400+ check, and the check was bounded today. Is there anything we could do to get our money back? Two of my cards I sent to them still have balance in them. I am considering paying the 15% fee to get them reissued.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.