Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Shutdown Risk from Chase with JPMorgan Private Bank acct?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold

I have a JPMorgan Private Bank account that is attached to my parents'. When I call JPM, they see it in their system as an account that stands on its own, just in case that's relevant.

I just got the CSP and Ink+, and I'm wondering (given the Private Bank account) if I face less risk for shutdown/troubles with Chase if I MS with these cards. Any knowledge to spare?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:47 am

depends how much you have in assets with your JPMC account alone, and how much your parents have in total... and how much you plan to MS. I'm guessing just on your account, including deposits to your account.
Old May 12, 2015, 1:47 am

Got this email regarding my checking account. Does it mean anything?

This is an Alert to help manage your account ending in xxxx.On 05/11/2015 , we placed a $35.00 hold on your account. Your funds will be available on 05/14/2015. Deposits are subject to further review.
Old May 12, 2015, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Just that they have to verify the deposit, I'm pretty sure.
Old May 12, 2015, 8:08 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by buruch
Got this email regarding my checking account. Does it mean anything?

This is an Alert to help manage your account ending in xxxx.On 05/11/2015 , we placed a $35.00 hold on your account. Your funds will be available on 05/14/2015. Deposits are subject to further review.
Is this a new account? Sounds like a typical deposit hold.
Old May 12, 2015, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by PTahCha
Is this a new account? Sounds like a typical deposit hold.
Old account, but I was depositing close to 10k cash per month.
Old May 12, 2015, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by buruch
Old account, but I was depositing close to 10k cash per month.
That has the potential to set off some bells and whistles. They have to report single deposits of cash over 10k, but if it looks like you are "structuring" your deposits to avoid reporting, that has the potential to be worse, as structuring is a crime in and of itself. Not saying you are doing that, but if it looks that way...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.