Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best way to combine visa giftcards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Best way to combine visa giftcards

I'm looking for a way to combine $200 visa giftcards. I don't care about unloading the money into the bank, just a way to have them all funnel through one card. Maybe something like loading them into googlewallet and then using the google wallet debit card. Not sure if that would get you shut down though
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: All of them
For what purpose? You can combine them by loading onto Bluebird or Redbird.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
For what purpose? You can combine them by loading onto Bluebird or Redbird.
I just have a lot, and its easier to have them on one card then keeping track of them. Can you load them onto redbird online? I have a bluebird, but that requires going to WalMart which is a long drive for me
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by jeam3130
I just have a lot, and its easier to have them on one card then keeping track of them. Can you load them onto redbird online?
No.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: All of them
I just have a lot, and its easier to have them on one card then keeping track of them. Can you load them onto redbird online? I have a bluebird, but that requires going to WalMart which is a long drive for me
You can't combine online. Also, what do you mean "keeping track"?

Do you plan to spend them on regular purchases? If that's the case most stores will automatically empty out remaining low balance and prompt you to pay the rest with the next card.

If you upload them all to Bluebird, you can then pay one large credit card bill or send a check which will clear out all cards at once.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:18 am

Unloading them to redbird/bluebird/serve is probably the best way to "combine" them and that has to be done in store. Unless you wanted to purchase larger denomination VGC which would defeat the purpose and raise the fees.

If you decide to try and spend regularly with the small denomination cards, I've found it helps to keep a pen or sharpie on hand and write the remaining balance on the back of the card in the signature area.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Combining for an Amazon Purchase?

I understood that you could combine small denomination debit gift cards on Amazon.com. For an $80 purchase, they accepted a card with 80 cents remaining value without asking for another card. What gives?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Thx for the help. Will just use bluebird
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by Explore
I understood that you could combine small denomination debit gift cards on Amazon.com. For an $80 purchase, they accepted a card with 80 cents remaining value without asking for another card. What gives?
You'd have to buy individual electronic amazon gc's for the remaining balance on each of your vgc's. Then add them one by one to your amazon acct.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:51 pm

You can't load any VGCs online whether that is BB, Serve, RB.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Explore
What do you mean they didn't ask for another card? Do you mean you made an $80 purchase and was able to pay only 80 cents????
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:26 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet
What do you mean they didn't ask for another card? Do you mean you made an $80 purchase and was able to pay only 80 cents????
Well, I soon got a purchase denied e-mail.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by skitch23
You'd have to buy individual electronic amazon gc's for the remaining balance on each of your vgc's. Then add them one by one to your amazon acct.
Thanks!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:48 pm

I'm looking for a way to combine $200 visa giftcards. I don't care about unloading the money into the bank, just a way to have them all funnel through one card. Maybe something like loading them into googlewallet and then using the google wallet debit card. Not sure if that would get you shut down though
Another option is to load to AFT. You can then withdraw cash or spend it using AFT.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:34 am

what is AFT?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.