Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Fidelity Card - Now coding as ATM cash advance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:41 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton, BA, AA, SPG

I was checking my Fidelity card transactions and rewards and noticed that as of 10/29 my card purchases were coming up as ATM cash Advances or Bank Transaction.

To see this I had to go into the details of the transaction. The reason I did that was that under type it showed dollars as opposed to the shopping cart it normally showed.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:44 am

Mine did the same thing. My cash advance limit hasn't changed though, so I'm not too worried about it. Those transactions are also showing up under pending rewards activity.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:47 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Bewareofduck - thanks for your confirmation. Yes, my rewards are also posting and it isn't showing any change in cash advance as of yet.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:00 am

It's also possible that they're sending you a new card for 'fraud concerns'. Every purchase I made on my old FIA card coded as cash advance apparently because I had a new card coming in the mail.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:08 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Yes, I was also notified that I would be getting a new card as well - thanks for that reminder.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:13 pm

This happened to me before when they sent new card to me due to "fraud" situation. I called and the CSR told me that on their end, it was not coded as Cash Advance. When the statement closed, no cash advance consequences and everything back to "purchases." No worries.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 11:07 am

which fido card are you referring to. got a bunch.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 11:23 am

I was sent new Fidelity (FIA) Mastercard and Amex cards.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 3:28 pm

My FIA CC was compromised on 10/29/2014. I live in San Diego area and my card was used in San Jose, Santa Clara and Sunnyvale that day. The thief stole about $4K buying stuff at Home Depot, Safeway and Lucky.

Now all the charges and disputes are coded as a cash advance. Even my purchase of a AGC and Starbucks coffee is coded as a CA. My CA limit remains the same. I hope it's a glitch in their system.

Last edited by Zgirl; Nov 3, 2014 at 3:35 pm
Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:25 pm

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Pure coincidence? I used the FIA Amex to buy $500 Paypal cards @ Walgreens. After doing a lot of those transactions without problems all of a sudden a purchase declined on the 28th or 29th. I paid with another card and left, then I saw the email they sent me with the fraud alert. Had to call in and confirm like a hundred recent transactions to the computer to reopen my card... Haven't used it since though as I got my OBC the next day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.