Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buying MOs with Metas

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Buying MOs with Metas

Tried buying a MO at both WM and a grocery store today with a Meta visa with no luck. Both places have worked hundreds of times before. Anyone else experience this?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:19 am

Similar experience today at a local grocery chain. Meta not approved and the CSR told me his screen read "card issuer not approved."

Went home. Checked balance online and it reads $500 with a declined transaction due to an invalid PIN.

What happened???
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Yes, completely bombed at Walmart. Two cards would not work at register, Kate, CS. I thought WM got us, but if there are issues at grocery stores too that's not the case (yet!).

I'm wondering if this isn't something on Metabank's end. When I called in to set PIN's the phone system was buggy - once it timed out on me and I had to call back, another it took forever to confirm, etc.

Last edited by ctbarron; Sep 9, 2014 at 11:26 am Reason: Added info
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:36 am

Same thing happened to me yesterday and today in WM with different issuer of GC. Last week they worked perfectly. Today on one Kate I got response debit not authorized, on another 9 pin problem and at cashier same debit not authorized slip.
One card worked in grocery chain for MO, but something is going on, for sure.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I had 4 metas work no problem loading to bb yesterday 9-8 at 12 PDT in socal.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by particlemn
I had 4 metas work no problem loading to bb yesterday 9-8 at 12 PDT in socal.
I did meta and USB yesterday (9/8/14) with no issues. For me this is a new problem today.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:40 pm

I am tied up at work, otherwise I would try it for small amount regular purchase to see if it works. If it does, then something is up.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Was able to successfully liquidate 1k through AP. Will try the other 2k again tonight/tomorrow
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Kevster402
Was able to successfully liquidate 1k through AP. Will try the other 2k again tonight/tomorrow
AP is not a debit transaction. That is the issue at hand here.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:53 pm

I loaded a $200 MetaBank VGC to Serve at Walmart (register) ~3 hours ago with no problem.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:55 pm

metabank's system was probably just down. The other day I tried to buy a MO with the tmobile card and got transaction denied. Used my tdbuxx card instead and worked fine. Got home and checked, and the system was down. Tried next day, system worked again.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by hamokmonky
metabank's system was probably just down. The other day I tried to buy a MO with the tmobile card and got transaction denied. Used my tdbuxx card instead and worked fine. Got home and checked, and the system was down. Tried next day, system worked again.
This.

Something like this happened back in May or June IIRC.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 1:20 pm

Same thing happened to me during one of my transactions yesterday. Thought something was funny and just left. Had problem setting pin around 12pm est. Im at wm right now. Will report if things are back up and running.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 1:45 pm

Cashiers are telling me that the transaction times out when swiping. Then it reads alternate tender required. It is Hit or miss. But going thru mostly. Hope this isn't sign of things to come.

Edit:everything is back to normal.

Last edited by goblue77; Sep 9, 2014 at 2:06 pm
Old Sep 9, 2014, 2:07 pm

Metabank had problems this morning. The Web site wouldn't respond to balance inquiries. When I telephoned, the automated system couldn't give me balances or any information and insisted on transferring me to a CSR.

An hour later, all seemed OK and I could get the info I needed online at the Web site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.