Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Discover Q4 2014 -- Online Shopping / Department Stores

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discover Q4 2014 -- Online Shopping / Department Stores

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2014, 8:18 am

My statement posted over the weekend. I had used Discover to load the Metabank reloadable card via the myprepaidbalance.com website. It posted as 5% cashback for anybody with that card looking for a data point.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: HH, UA,
Geico Insurance

I will try to pay my geico auto insurance bill online and see if it qualifies. I do not see insurance companies specifically excluded. If anyone has tried in the past, please let me know. Thanks
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by givingitatry
My statement posted over the weekend. I had used Discover to load the Metabank reloadable card via the myprepaidbalance.com website. It posted as 5% cashback for anybody with that card looking for a data point.
Does that MB card load to Serve (at WM or something?)
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by hayburner21
Does that MB card load to Serve (at WM or something?)
I haven't tried loading to Serve. I would think it would. I use it for BP at WM to CC I use for online loads of Serve. Then I use the online serve loads to pay the CC I used to reload the Meta card. The reloadable Meta has my name on it and is my go to card if they ever ask to see the card.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 2:05 pm

Anybody have experience paying from discover website? It says if you pay before 5pm that it'll post the same day, just wondering if anybody has an idea of what time it actually posts to free up the credit limit. They gave me a joke of a credit line and I'd like to charge something today. Thanks guys
Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:06 am
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by ericliujian
Could it set a pin to load to BB?
All Visa GC these days can set PINs, but whether WM will accept it for BB remains to be seen. The card is issued by Bancorp, so it may behave like OV, but I haven't confirmed this.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:52 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by givingitatry
Did you manage to purchase the initial card with Discover? I've been trying to get a new one but the orders are being cancelled probably because they're requesting CA authorizations instead of CC purchases.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by canyoncar
Anybody have experience paying from discover website? It says if you pay before 5pm that it'll post the same day, just wondering if anybody has an idea of what time it actually posts to free up the credit limit. They gave me a joke of a credit line and I'd like to charge something today. Thanks guys
Good luck. I paid on the website using my capital one 360. The $2500 payment is "on hold" for ten days. I missed my AP opportunity because of the BS. While I understand the need for security controls, Discover had the most stringent standards when it comes to making purchases (fraud alerts). I even had to fax in proof of my ID after they suspended my account. BS company.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 8:41 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveApostle View Post
Anyone try Serve yet?
any confirmation of 5% cashback on discover IT cards from AMEX serve?
I tried a $200 charge from serve onto my discover IT, which has a 0 cash advance limit, but statement does not close til 25 th so I cannot post results til then. Any update would be appreciated.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by rossrr
Good luck. I paid on the website using my capital one 360. The $2500 payment is "on hold" for ten days. I missed my AP opportunity because of the BS. While I understand the need for security controls, Discover had the most stringent standards when it comes to making purchases (fraud alerts). I even had to fax in proof of my ID after they suspended my account. BS company.
well I checked just before midnight and it still hadn't posted, but 6am this morning it was posted and the credit line was freed up.

Your situation is one reason why I prefer to push payments..
Old Oct 14, 2014, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by canyoncar
well I checked just before midnight and it still hadn't posted, but 6am this morning it was posted and the credit line was freed up.

Your situation is one reason why I prefer to push payments..
Good point about pushing money instead of pulling from the cc site. My credit line shows available, but the funds are still on hold.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by hamnori
Did you manage to purchase the initial card with Discover? I've been trying to get a new one but the orders are being cancelled probably because they're requesting CA authorizations instead of CC purchases.
No, I didn't buy it with discover. I don't remember what I used now. However, my credit union sells the travel cards and those can be reloaded over the internet also. If you have a credit union to join you can look into that route.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 1:46 pm

Any confirmation about discover serve online load?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by ericliujian
Any confirmation about discover serve online load?
i am looking for the same question. CA? count as 5%?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:55 pm

C'mon, people!

If we just get 6 more people to ask this same question, TravlBlogr or STD96 will finally answer it.

Or join Facebook. I can't remember which.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.