Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Best Buy 10% rewards back for Best Buy Credit Holders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Buy 10% rewards back for Best Buy Credit Holders

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2014, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by mplst

5000 per day, per store.
This is a huge YMMV. If you affect the store's metrics enough those limits will come down quickly.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 9:13 am
Suspended

anyone an authorized user? I dont see anyplace on the app. just got 2d Admiral Club card, dont want to rock the Citi boat-again.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 5:12 pm

When I signed up for the card and purchased my first $1000 in gift cards + some candy I was told military gets double points on purchases. The receipt has a line that says this as well and it is reflected online when I login to my reward zone; however, none of the points were actually doubled not even for the candy. Does this bonus get factored in later after the transaction is no longer pending?

Anyone with experience on this?

Thanks!
Old Jul 4, 2014, 8:54 pm

so these BB gc are sold buy GC mall. does this mean you have to set the pin online or use last 4?
Old Jul 4, 2014, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by leftpinky
so these BB gc are sold buy GC mall. does this mean you have to set the pin online or use last 4?
They are Meta cards...PIN is last 4 digits of card...
Old Jul 5, 2014, 4:04 pm

Thanks. Is this true with the $500 gc sold by gcmall too?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 12:02 pm
ebp

Does anyone know how long paying the card in cash at a Best Buy retail store would take to post?

Also, any experience with Wal-Mart bill pay and the Best Buy [Citi, I believe] credit card?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by ericphilbin
Does anyone know how long paying the card in cash at a Best Buy retail store would take to post?

Also, any experience with Wal-Mart bill pay and the Best Buy [Citi, I believe] credit card?
I haven't paid a bill yet, but I was able to find best buy in evolve.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by ericphilbin

Cash payments at Best Buy Store should free up your available credit right away. That has been my experience.

It will take a a day or two for the balance to be reflected online but availabel credit will show right away
Old Jul 7, 2014, 4:09 pm

What credit limit are you guys getting. Just applied and received $1000 CL. Was told that they could increase it after I get the card in 10-14 business days. Can this card be prepaid w/Walmart BP, I've read that Citi does not mind when Executive AA is prepaid and I haven't had the need to with $20+K limits.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 4:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by highinthesky
What credit limit are you guys getting. Just applied and received $1000 CL. Was told that they could increase it after I get the card in 10-14 business days. Can this card be prepaid w/Walmart BP, I've read that Citi does not mind when Executive AA is prepaid and I haven't had the need to with $20+K limits.
Got same crappy limit only after calling-and then worked my way up to $4k. Asked to close and move a $6k card no longer necessary-no go, "that is a world MC and we can't move the credit line to a non world blahblah blah.

Can those that have the standard Best Buy card, does it say Visa or MC anywhere on the card?

Last edited by member7777; Jul 7, 2014 at 5:27 pm
Old Jul 7, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, MR, UR, Cash Back!
Originally Posted by givingitatry
I haven't paid a bill yet, but I was able to find best buy in evolve.
Well.... I might have a reason to start using Evolve again.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Fuerza
Well.... I might have a reason to start using Evolve again.
Very interesting. It says "Best Buy" and then "Retail Store Card" on Evolve.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Nomoneyinmybank
Very interesting. It says "Best Buy" and then "Retail Store Card" on Evolve.
That is probably Household Finance Corp and not Citi. HFC was the BB finance company for many years until they came out with this Citi card.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by MDWCommuter
That is probably Household Finance Corp and not Citi. HFC was the BB finance company for many years until they came out with this Citi card.
Actually the BB card portfolio was previously owned by Capital One and it was sold to Citi in April 2013.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.