Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kroger Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Where are you guys liquidating MOs? I deposit at my bank occasionally in $2-4k chunks and they look at me funny.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 6:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Where are you guys liquidating MOs? I deposit at my bank occasionally in $2-4k chunks and they look at me funny.
You need more banks
Old Jun 28, 2015, 7:17 pm

Ah, ok. Thanks. The other 2 Krogers I visit did not ask, so your post makes sense.

Anyone have success using GC w/ PIN to purchase MO? Or are registers hardcoded? If success, do you split payment?
Usually split gets too much attention. Not recommended. Takes more work but better than shutting down completely.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 3:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by skitch23
You need more banks
I know. I think I'm going to have to open another account. I've only got 2 and one of them is ST and I don't want to deposit MOs back in there having bought them with ST.

Originally Posted by usalibido
Usually split gets too much attention. Not recommended. Takes more work but better than shutting down completely.

Yes, I see your point. Kroger CSRs here are more knowledgeable than WM's. The MOs are cheaper than WM too.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by spgbus
2k is a limit per transaction but not enforced by register. you can buy as much as you want if cashier doesn't care.
You know, I think we all tend to do 2k b/c over that triggers one of those reports. At least that's why I do 2k, I now realize/remember. Don't want the hassle. There are Krogers everywhere near me. And I've only been asked for ID/kroger card once. I got 4k today at 2x stores.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 10:06 pm

Kroger Master Thread

Went to load bluebird at Kate today with $500 Visa Kroger US Bank Giftcards; first $500 loss went through, 2nd gift card would not load and receipt would only read "debit not approved call authorizer"..... Anyone seen this rejection before? If so any workaround or advice.??? Called on the card and it said balance of $500 is available
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by lcastillo1475
Went to load bluebird at Kate today with $500 Visa Kroger US Bank Giftcards; first $500 loss went through, 2nd gift card would not load and receipt would only read "debit not approved call authorizer"..... Anyone seen this rejection before? If so any workaround or advice.??? Called on the card and it said balance of $500 is available
Any chance you'd hit your 5k monthly limit on BB?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:10 pm

Kroger Master Thread

Not a chance since its a new bluebird card and have loaded 2,500 to it already (and no it's not the temporary card, it's the permanent one). Just weird that I loaded 2k no prob yesterday and the initial $500 today and then it wouldn't load anything else....anyone else had this happen?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:23 pm

may have figured it out

Was just showering thinking about why it wouldn't load and I think I figured it out, is the Bluebird $2,500 "daily limit" a calendar day or based on a rolling 24 hour period? Anyone know?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:43 pm

Was just showering thinking about why it wouldn't load and I think I figured it out, is the Bluebird $2,500 "daily limit" a calendar day or based on a rolling 24 hour period? Anyone know?
calendar
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:44 pm

Daily. Not rolling.

This happened to me with RB. The issue was that the VGC wasn't activated yet (even though my phone call in said it was and I even reset my PIN...kept failing). I went back later that day and it worked. Apparently they can take up to a few hours to be active (ignore auto response in phone menu saying its active). Another VGC I bought at the same time and same type of VGC worked fine. No consistency whatsoever.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:51 pm

Thanks! Will try it again tomorrow and update
Old Jul 1, 2015, 1:40 pm

Kroger Master Thread

Walking out of Walmart, 2nd attempt with Kroger gift cards at Kate went through so it must of been an issue with just waiting for them to activate, appreciate the help guys, thanks!
Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:48 am

Walking out of Walmart, 2nd attempt with Kroger gift cards at Kate went through so it must of been an issue with just waiting for them to activate, appreciate the help guys, thanks!
This happened to me, too. One of my VGCs loaded no problem. The other didn't. Purchased at the same time, same type, etc. The second one finally loaded a few days later.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 1:35 pm

This happened to me, too. One of my VGCs loaded no problem. The other didn't. Purchased at the same time, same type, etc. The second one finally loaded a few days later.
Weird how that happens especially on a batch of cards that were purchased together. I learned my lesson though, was used to buying giftcards and going straight to Kate to unload now I'll just buy the gift cards and wait till next day to unload. Just never really liked the idea of having the gift cards with me for more than a few hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.