Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 15, 2014, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

As of 8/26, Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- Your account is blocked for the day, try again the next day. Some ppl report being permanently blocked.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall master thread(2014-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2015, 11:03 am

Got this email too. Does the 0.4% make a big difference? What would be the best route to maximize profits/points?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 11:34 am

Hello all,

I'm the GM of GiftCardMall. If all of you would describe what you are trying to accomplish point wise with our gift cards, I will work with you and try to figure out a solution that works for everybody. I look forward to the discussion. Dave
Old Apr 17, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: Whole Lot of Nothin' anymore - Thanks to baby!
I got the same e-mail. .4% is $2 on each $500 card, which would just offset the shipping cost. So it would be a cost of acquisition of $3.95 on each $500, which isn't too bad, but you have to wait for shipping. They are metabank at least, so easy to use at WM and other locations. But its the same price as SMGC after the .4% so doesn't have an advantage over SMGC other than to saving on driving time/gas, with the risk of being lost in the mail.

I'd rather stick with SMGC over GCM since I have two SMGC with easy access, one on my way home from work.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by momoneylessproblems
Got this email too. Does the 0.4% make a big difference? What would be the best route to maximize profits/points?
It would have been AGCs if they hadn't gotten banned last year.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by GCMGM
Hello all,

I'm the GM of GiftCardMall. If all of you would describe what you are trying to accomplish point wise with our gift cards, I will work with you and try to figure out a solution that works for everybody. I look forward to the discussion. Dave
We want to offset fees with cash back. Simple.

Or allow Amex GC to be used for purchase of VGC. Thats an option.

Or Do Both. ^
Old Apr 17, 2015, 1:50 pm

Hello all,

Wheres the proof Dave, where ? I am the CEO of GCM and I never allowed you to do this, I expect your resignation letter at my desk 1st thing in the morning. :P
Old Apr 17, 2015, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Lappie
We want to offset fees with cash back. Simple.

Or allow Amex GC to be used for purchase of VGC. Thats an option.

Or Do Both. ^
What fees are you trying to offset? Credit Card annual fees? We had to stop taking Amex GCs because the fees we pay to Amex to accept the cards are too high. You can use Amex GiftCards to buy Visa incentive cards at IncentiveCardLab.com
Old Apr 17, 2015, 5:43 pm

What fees are you trying to offset? Credit Card annual fees? We had to stop taking Amex GCs because the fees we pay to Amex to accept the cards are too high. You can use Amex GiftCards to buy Visa incentive cards at IncentiveCardLab.com
You still take regular Amex credit cards. Is the fee for Amex GCs higher than for an Amex CC?

I have no clue if you're real, but to answer your question, we get 1.5% cash back for buying Amex GCs. If we can use those to buy pin-enabled Visa GCs, the 1.5% cash back offsets the fees that you charge for the Visa GCs. That's what we're interested in. We can use our Amex GCs at numerous brick & mortar places to buy Visas, but we are willing to pay slightly more for the convenience of buying online -- however, IncentiveCardLabs is not in the "slightly more" category; it is way too pricey.

Last edited by jonnydoe1234; Apr 17, 2015 at 5:48 pm
Old Apr 17, 2015, 6:17 pm

Cash back through portals (1% or more) in order to offset the purchase fee is ideal. Essentially what we would do is buy the visa gift card with a Credit Card (such as the citi double cash back card which will give as 2% back on this purchase), then use the debit feature to essentially pay off the credit card that we made the purchase with. Profit roughly 2% on all the gift cards that we purchase.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
You can use Amex GiftCards to buy Visa incentive cards at IncentiveCardLab.com
I looked at the Terms and Conditions for some of the cards. It says:

Personal Identification Number
You will not receive a Personal Identification Number (“PIN”) with your Card Account.

So it appears that these cards are not PIN enabled.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 1:12 am

So you're saying Amex charges higher fees for Amex gift card transactions than standard Amex credit cards? That seems counter intuitive on their part...

If that is true have you even tried to negotiate a better rate with Amex? An organization of your size, it seems like this should be something you could do.

The fees we're trying to offset are the fees your charge to load the Visa gift card with money and ship it to us. If we purchase an Amex gift card through a portal that gives us cash back and we pay with that it allows us to offset the fee you charge for each gift card.

That is if your are even with GCM...
Old Apr 18, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
I looked at the Terms and Conditions for some of the cards. It says:

Personal Identification Number
You will not receive a Personal Identification Number (“PIN”) with your Card Account.

So it appears that these cards are not PIN enabled.
You can still load these to Serve, right? The PIN is just the last 4 digits, I thought.

Do you guys pay extra for tracking, or do the cards arrive like clockwork, like the Staples GC from GCM?
Old Apr 19, 2015, 7:50 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, UR, IHG platnium, AirAsia
AGC's and VGC's can be liquidated via MO at Walmart for .70 cents each, right?

Been thinking of how I can increase my MS with my 2.2% Barclays A+ card. Thanks..
Old Apr 19, 2015, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by JamieDee78
AGC's and VGC's can be liquidated via MO at Walmart for .70 cents each, right?
AGC - No
VGC - Yes, certain ones can and certain ones can't.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 8:16 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, UR, IHG platnium, AirAsia
Originally Posted by nmp0
AGC - No
VGC - Yes, certain ones can and certain ones can't.
VGC's purchased from GCM will work though, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.