Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lost unused $500 Vanilla GC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2014, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Lost unused $500 Vanilla GC

I just don’t know where I lost it. I don’t have 16 dig card # and Bancorp says cannot do anything w/o the card #. I have the receipts (w/ the last 4 dig of the card #) & the package bar code. But they are of no help. Does anyone have a bright idea what I can do to recover $$?
Old Nov 23, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Try to find it or move on. Retrace your steps.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 3:59 pm

I'm surprised they could not help you. I lost a Metabank GC valued at $200. I still had the receipt with the bar code and they were able to issue me a new GC after verifying the value on the original card. You should call Bancorp again and ask to speak to a supervisor if the initial person can't help you.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
This is why MS is profitable for GC issuers.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 6:49 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer
This is why MS is profitable for GC issuers.
and if the OP isnt able to pay off his CC in full on time, for the banks as well... and ultimately to the rest of us
Old Nov 23, 2014, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by kiyotaka
I have the receipts (w/ the last 4 dig of the card #) & the package bar code
IIRC, the 4 digits on the receipt are not even part of the Vanilla's card number.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Receipt should be ok - but you have to contact the store that sold it - they have records of cards sold. I had a problem with cvs once when which eventually got resolved...
Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:31 pm

Yes, contacting the store is your best best to get it resolved. The bank is of no help. It happened to be at a Circle k gas station once and they were able to call the corporate office and get it reversed.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 4:47 am

from what i know at cvs, given the receipt for the lost card the store manager was able to pull up the transaction journal and the missing card number and call vanilla to confirm the balance on the card and deactivate the card and issue a new one. that is my experience (i was given a card that was not activated so the activated one was not given to me). if the manager cannot hep escalate to district manager etc. good luck.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 5:20 am

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Always use your phone to take a picture of the card immediately after you buy it!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:57 pm
xp0

Originally Posted by TAWS
Always use your phone to take a picture of the card immediately after you buy it!
I wouldnt have enough storage on my phone for all of those pictures.

Anyway, If you cant find it you need to chalk this up as the cost of doing business. This should also teach you to be more careful. Good thing that with proper MSing, this isnt a lot of money.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by TAWS
Originally Posted by xp0
I wouldnt have enough storage on my phone for all of those pictures.
Not to mention the unwanted attention that it would draw from other people in the store.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by MoralsWhatMorals
Not to mention the unwanted attention that it would draw from other people in the store.
Why would you do it in the store?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
Why would you do it in the store?
Well, if you're going to do it, it would make the most sense to do it in the store in case you are robbed while walking to your car. And the OP said "immediately after you buy it" so I assumed he or she meant literally right there and then after purchase.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by MoralsWhatMorals
Well, if you're going to do it, it would make the most sense to do it in the store in case you are robbed while walking to your car. And the OP said "immediately after you buy it" so I assumed he or she meant literally right there and then after purchase.
I guess it depends where you live. You could get robbed doing it in the store just as easy... I think to prevent losing the cards (Not being stolen), you probably can do it in your car unless you somehow lose it between the store and the car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.