Can't Use Last 99 Cents on Visa GCs?

Subscribe
Trying to use use the last 51 cents on a Vanilla Visa GC, as part of a split transaction, the clerk says she can't ring up a transaction for less than $1.00.

Is this true for all GCs, Visa GCs, or......?
Do it online. I never bother to go in store with cards less then $5. my cell phone and cable provider allow me to pay any amount online with credit card ^
most cell phone and cable providers want to match up at least the Zip Code, so you have to register the card with the Cardinals
Quote: most cell phone and cable providers want to match up at least the Zip Code, so you have to register the card with the Cardinals
As you said, It's not true for all ..Also, if you do vanilla, they only let you register zipcode anyways !
I just buy myself an Amazon gift card for the remaining amount on the gift card.
Quote: Do it online. I never bother to go in store with cards less then $5. my cell phone and cable provider allow me to pay any amount online with credit card ^
I just tried Verizon. They won't allow me to pay less than $1. Presumably Amazon has a minimum too?
apparently, amazon has a minimum of $0.15.
Quote: apparently, amazon has a minimum of $0.15.
Love this nickel-and-diming!