Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Green Dot vs Serve

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Green Dot vs Serve

Ok, I did my first free ATM on both mine and my wifeys Serve cards. The rest I'll just throw to one account and ACH out. Then I'm going for the BB since I'm seeing the VR more.

But I still have a great source for MP and dont know if I should start loading them on my GD which I didn't activate yet, or keep going with serve...?
For the GD the initial fee is confusing, it says $4.95 or less if purchased at a retail store (includes first Card load), so since I ordered my card online and now want to load a MP that I paid $4.95 for, will they deduct/charge another $4.95 initial fee?

Also for the GD have people had success buying money orders, and bank teller cash advances (it says the fee for a teller cash withdrawal is $2.50, but MVD only take $0.50 when you did the teller cash advance vs the $1.95 they say in the fee table...??? And also GD has billpay, hows that working out for you guys?

I think people need to look at the fee table again, perhaps it changed over the last few years, but GD looks like a decent option these days. If you load $1000 per month there is no monthly fee, if you have access to MP like I do its just a $1 more than VR... And it has billpay and other stuff too, vs the BB only being a Billpay card with no Debit features...

Last edited by killercut; Feb 6, 2013 at 4:25 pm
Old Mar 5, 2013, 10:56 am
Original Poster

So I've been using gd, only did like $2500 over the past month, paid my CC bills right away. With hilton changing its rewards valuation, I'm in a bit of a hurry to get a couple extra points to hopefully book an AXON before my statement closes next week. I decided to get 2 mp, for a total of $999.90 (incl. fees) and the cashier doesn't even bother asking for ID. Unbelievable, I told her to check everyones ID if they buy these cards, lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.