Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:
  1. Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
  2. Go to settings (it is the gear)
  3. Choose selling tools on the left
  4. Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
  5. On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
  6. Be sure that NO is chosen
  7. Save and you are done
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2014, 4:49 am

Woohoo - got targeted for the $30/$50 offer! Pretty sure the BB loads via online debit card count as "signature transactions." That's an easy ~$2k right there (I've already hit the 1k limit for Sept - darn).

To be eligible to receive $30.00 USD back as a PayPal account credit, you must complete signature purchases using the PayPal Business Debit MasterCard totaling between $3,000.00 and $4,999.99, or complete signature purchases using the card totaling $5,000.00 or more to receive a $50.00 USD PayPal account credit ("Offer"). Offer begins 9/22/2014 and ends 11/15/2014. Offer limited to one PayPal account and valid for only one PayPal account credit.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 5:21 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
I have been loading PPMC into account A and sending to account B (different SSN/address) and from there to bank. So far, I haven't had any issues, but a few posts upthread suggest that this is extremely risky. Is it safer to just load MC into account A and then w/d from account A via PPBDC through MO purchases? And repeat for account B? Or is this considered equally risky?

Feel free to PM if that's more appropriate.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by mandj
Woohoo - got targeted for the $30/$50 offer! Pretty sure the BB loads via online debit card count as "signature transactions." That's an easy ~$2k right there (I've already hit the 1k limit for Sept - darn).

To be eligible to receive $30.00 USD back as a PayPal account credit, you must complete signature purchases using the PayPal Business Debit MasterCard totaling between $3,000.00 and $4,999.99, or complete signature purchases using the card totaling $5,000.00 or more to receive a $50.00 USD PayPal account credit ("Offer"). Offer begins 9/22/2014 and ends 11/15/2014. Offer limited to one PayPal account and valid for only one PayPal account credit.
My understanding is that loading BB/Serve with PPBDMC as linked debit card is not considered signature based transaction and will not accrue CB. You can link PPBDMC as a credit card to Serve (not BB) and loading it that way will get you 1% CB. Anyone got CB loading BB/Serve with PPBDMC as debit?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by ACVid
My understanding is that loading BB/Serve with PPBDMC as linked debit card is not considered signature based transaction and will not accrue CB. You can link PPBDMC as a credit card to Serve (not BB) and loading it that way will get you 1% CB. Anyone got CB loading BB/Serve with PPBDMC as debit?
Unless something has changed very recently, loading BB with PPBDMC certainly does give 1% CB.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by FederalFlyer
I have been loading PPMC into account A and sending to account B (different SSN/address) and from there to bank. So far, I haven't had any issues, but a few posts upthread suggest that this is extremely risky. Is it safer to just load MC into account A and then w/d from account A via PPBDC through MO purchases? And repeat for account B? Or is this considered equally risky?
While this is likely safe for PayPal, depositing all those MOs into your checking account will certainly raise some red flags with your bank. Check the "Chase has closed my checking account" thread.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by ACVid
Originally Posted by blaz
Unless something has changed very recently, loading BB with PPBDMC certainly does give 1% CB.
Yep, I've always been getting 1% CB on my online BB loads.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:04 am

Paypal is updating its user agreement. I wondered how they might apply this.

Prohibited Activities

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:

relate to transactions that (a) show the personal information of third parties in violation of applicable law, (b) support pyramid or ponzi schemes, matrix programs, other "get rich quick" schemes or certain multi-level marketing programs, (c) are associated with purchases of annuities or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or transactions to finance or refinance debts funded by a credit card, (d) are for the sale of certain items before the seller has control or possession of the item, (e) are by payment processors to collect payments on behalf of merchants, (f), are associated with the sale of traveler's checks or money orders, (h) involve currency exchanges or check cashing businesses, or (i) involve certain credit repair, debt settlement services, credit transactions or insurance activities....

Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:21 am

(c) and (d) are interesting. PayPal doesn't want you to use layaway, and they don't want eBay drop ship sellers.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 4:49 pm

Is a purchase of money order considered to be associated with the sale of money order?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:12 am

paying citi cc

I guess it also means you can't pay your citi cc bill with PPBD card??
Old Sep 24, 2014, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by ZzzzX
Paypal is updating its user agreement. I wondered how they might apply this.

Prohibited Activities

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:

relate to transactions that (a) show the personal information of third parties in violation of applicable law, (b) support pyramid or ponzi schemes, matrix programs, other "get rich quick" schemes or certain multi-level marketing programs, (c) are associated with purchases of annuities or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or transactions to finance or refinance debts funded by a credit card, (d) are for the sale of certain items before the seller has control or possession of the item, (e) are by payment processors to collect payments on behalf of merchants, (f), are associated with the sale of traveler's checks or money orders, (h) involve currency exchanges or check cashing businesses, or (i) involve certain credit repair, debt settlement services, credit transactions or insurance activities....

where did you see this?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: SPG Gold; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Walmero
where did you see this?
PayPal Acceptable Use Policy
Note the effective date: Oct 24, 2011
Old Sep 24, 2014, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by kjgco
PayPal Acceptable Use Policy
Note the effective date: Oct 24, 2011
Thanks, that is what I saw too... was hoping that it was pro forma type boilerplate... even better if it has been in effect for a while...
Old Sep 24, 2014, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Walmero
where did you see this?
I received an email about policy updates. This was part of it.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by ZzzzX
I received an email about policy updates. This was part of it.
That's strange, I got no such email... did it have a date of when it would go into effect? Do you do a lot of MOs or Serve/BB loads at WM w PP?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.