Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:
  1. Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
  2. Go to settings (it is the gear)
  3. Choose selling tools on the left
  4. Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
  5. On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
  6. Be sure that NO is chosen
  7. Save and you are done
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2014, 8:39 pm

Max cash back at dollar tree $50 & they are charging $1 fee with PPDMC.. As name suggest Dollar for everything. Lol
Old Nov 2, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: DL DM Hub Captive, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat, and other stuff.
Originally Posted by ZzzzX
Ah. Did not consider this. In my area there are lots of cards. I must be the only one buying them. Still, I would want to sit on these.
Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
Yeah, I must live in a very active area. One weekend, I went to 5 stores, and all 5 had sold out. They restock each week, and if you aren't there the first two days, they would be all gone.
Where are you guys buying the cards...C V S? Any trouble with the new daily limits on reloadable purchases there?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:34 pm

is Paypal down?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by yoyo
is Paypal down?
Certainly seems that way. I just purchased my first MC about 30 minutes ago too. lol

Edit: Sluggish and still a bug or two, but my $500 showed up in my account and I got an email.

Last edited by fungusamungus; Nov 2, 2014 at 2:06 pm
Old Nov 2, 2014, 4:21 pm

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Just loaded $500 PPMC successfully. The only thing funny about PP for me right now is that the main page is shown as the classic version.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:09 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Up now

I just loaded $500. I couldn't yesterday.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:18 pm

Account review

Two of my accounts got the account review notice today. I never "withdraw" money. All my transactions post as "signature". I am guessing maybe its the Serve Load that triggered. I see on other forums that Serve changed the way its processing its transactions. Its just a guess, I still see Debit Signature transactions and have been receiving my 1.5% cash back. I initiated my monthly serve loads on Monday and got the notice today, so just guessing. It usually takes 2 days to move from pending to actual. I know its just a matter of time before PP shuts me down. I abuse it like crazy, love making $ and miles at the same time.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:41 pm

I think it is hard to abuse the paypal account. It only has $4000/month limit per account.

Did anyone try to call the number on the email? I plan to call them for one of my accounts that I never loaded PPMC there but also got the email.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by Yaoyao
I think it is hard to abuse the paypal account. It only has $4000/month limit per account.

Did anyone try to call the number on the email? I plan to call them for one of my accounts that I never loaded PPMC there but also got the email.
Good Luck, Paypal is the worst.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by chaser123
Two of my accounts got the account review notice today. I never "withdraw" money. All my transactions post as "signature". I am guessing maybe its the Serve Load that triggered. I see on other forums that Serve changed the way its processing its transactions. Its just a guess, I still see Debit Signature transactions and have been receiving my 1.5% cash back. I initiated my monthly serve loads on Monday and got the notice today, so just guessing. It usually takes 2 days to move from pending to actual. I know its just a matter of time before PP shuts me down. I abuse it like crazy, love making $ and miles at the same time.
Wondering how you do it if all the transactions are signature transactions.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 3:45 pm

I do think that the server loads triggered it, especially if you do it on daily basis. I just changed my schedule to weekly basis, let's see how long it will last. When PP shuts down accounts, do they shut down both pp account and debit card or just debit card? I dont really care about PPBDC if serve load is not allowed, but I do need PP account for other purposes (e.g. ebay purchase, CB deposit, etc)
Old Nov 5, 2014, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, HH, Delta, SW
I got the warning letter today.

I'm usually pretty light on the PPMC. 1k-2.5k month. Unload via Serve and MOs. I've only hit the 4k twice in the last 6 months or so.

I usually let it sit at least a week, keep a PP balance around $200, and use PP a few times per month for Ebay and other online purchases.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, HH, Delta, SW
Is it possible that this is like an Amex FR light? Perhaps there is some process of justification that would allow continued use without fear of shutdown?
Old Nov 5, 2014, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by usalibido
Wondering how you do it if all the transactions are signature transactions.
I use it to load other reloadable debit cards. They all post as signature. I use the other cards to pay back citi CC. (When I pay Citi with paypal, it posts as debit card pin, even though I didn't use a pin - so no cash back)
Old Nov 5, 2014, 6:01 pm

also got account review on 2 accounts today... just did MO p1n purch on both of them. Curious... did anyone get the review PURELY from Serve online signature load? Would love to still do the 1k per month with this route as well as real spend if possible.

Also, has anyone paid mortgage with PPBDC somehow ever?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.