Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MH flying A380 to NRT

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

MH flying A380 to NRT

While mucking about its booking engine, I notice MH has scheduled an A380 to NRT. Does anyone know why this is so? I thought their A380s only fly to LHR?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Been going on for quite some time.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malay...l-nrt-kul.html
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

But why? Is it to rotate their aircraft? Or weaning the A380 off the LHR route?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:04 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Having six A380s, MH definitely has the capacity to fly to more destinations than just on double daily flights to Heathrow. At most, two idle A380s is not sustainable financially.

If the destination has the demand to be operated by an A380, then why not operate the A380?

As far as I know, KUL-NRT is a very crowded market. I've flown on both JL and MH on the route and I must mention how full the plane was, even more so in J.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by clubeurope
Having six A380s, MH definitely has the capacity to fly to more destinations than just on double daily flights to Heathrow. At most, two idle A380s is not sustainable financially.

If the destination has the demand to be operated by an A380, then why not operate the A380?

As far as I know, KUL-NRT is a very crowded market. I've flown on both JL and MH on the route and I must mention how full the plane was, even more so in J.
It was very full when I flew MH 88 in August.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.