Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MH and Enrich in 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Wow. Great to know that Going Places magazine may be viewed online!

To your questions:

1) Yes. The A380s will be phased out once the A359s come. The A380s will be going to a charter arm of MAB where they will be retrofitted for all economy class seating for Haj charter runs.

4) Can be achieved with existing 737s though. Doubt any of the routes will get the A330s. Even PEN-PVG is doable with a 737-800.

MAB should really consider a direct PEN-HKG, and PEN-BKK route. That's my opinion. PEN-HKG is underserved with only KA flying the route, and PEN-BKK is only served by TG once a day, and Air Asia to DMK.
Does anyone know when the A380s are being phased out? I've just booked LHR-SYD return involving 2 legs on them for November, just wondering if they'll change to A350 before then.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, VS Gold, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by omk298
Does anyone know when the A380s are being phased out? I've just booked LHR-SYD return involving 2 legs on them for November, just wondering if they'll change to A350 before then.
From an Airbus press release:

Powered by two Rolls Royce Trent XWB engines, MAB’s six new A350-900s will be acquired on lease from Air Lease Corporation (ALC) and will be delivered between the fourth quarter of 2017 and the second quarter of 2018. The airline will operate the aircraft on its premium routes with a luxurious three class layout

I think we'll only know of a more precise date when 4Q comes along.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Question. MH have now changed the expiry date each year for enrich points/cards to 31/12 rather than when your enrich account is registered, i.e Feb.

Does anyone know what is the criteria moving forward for enrich as far as renewing gold/platinium status is concerned? I am a little bit short to renew my points for gold status but the customer service staff were very vague in their knowledge except to say maybe/maybe not as far as me getting gold status for 2017.

For emirates and SQ, do they inform you at the end of their calender year your status for the next year or is there a 2-3 month wait as well, the way it is with MH enrich.

I am asking as I want to start committing flights/bookings but can't because of this not knowing situation. Does not make sense for me to book MH if i won't get gold status for 2018 when i could fly on SQ instead and accumulate krisflyer mileage instead starting immediately.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 2:53 am

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
Originally Posted by wolf72
Question. MH have now changed the expiry date each year for enrich points/cards to 31/12 rather than when your enrich account is registered, i.e Feb.

Does anyone know what is the criteria moving forward for enrich as far as renewing gold/platinium status is concerned? I am a little bit short to renew my points for gold status but the customer service staff were very vague in their knowledge except to say maybe/maybe not as far as me getting gold status for 2017.

For emirates and SQ, do they inform you at the end of their calender year your status for the next year or is there a 2-3 month wait as well, the way it is with MH enrich.

I am asking as I want to start committing flights/bookings but can't because of this not knowing situation. Does not make sense for me to book MH if i won't get gold status for 2018 when i could fly on SQ instead and accumulate krisflyer mileage instead starting immediately.
When did they change status expiry to the 31/12? I've always been under the impression that our status itself expires on the 31/03 of the next year after qualification, as seen on your Enrich card, with the elite miles/points accrual period running from 01/01 to 31/12. The elite miles/points accrual period has been that way for a few years now as opposed to the month-registered-mode of which you speak of.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 3:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by asheby
When did they change status expiry to the 31/12? I've always been under the impression that our status itself expires on the 31/03 of the next year after qualification, as seen on your Enrich card, with the elite miles/points accrual period running from 01/01 to 31/12. The elite miles/points accrual period has been that way for a few years now as opposed to the month-registered-mode of which you speak of.

Sometime last year...it was announced 31/12 would be the end of the year as far as accumulation of points and deciding who stays at the level they are at for the following calender year, who drops or who gets promoted.

I am currently as I said lost as I don't know if they will be flexible and keep me at Gold or drop me down to silver....which is causing me problems moving forward.

This non communication and waiting till end of feb is a problem. I usually book my flights en-masse in January for the calender year for family travels and holidays.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 3:39 am

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
Sometime last year...it was announced 31/12 would be the end of the year as far as accumulation of points and deciding who stays at the level they are at for the following calender year, who drops or who gets promoted.

I am currently as I said lost as I don't know if they will be flexible and keep me at Gold or drop me down to silver....which is causing me problems moving forward.

This non communication and waiting till end of feb is a problem. I usually book my flights en-masse in January for the calender year for family travels and holidays.
Then it's safe to say that if you have not requalified for Gold as of 31/12/2016, you will be downgraded to Silver, unless of course you earn 50,000 elite miles / 50 elite sectors from the 01/01/2017 onwards for Gold valid through to 03/2018. As I said previously, 31/12 as the end of year for accumulation of elite miles/points isn't a new thing, it's been as such for quite a while now.

Hope that helps.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: SQ AA TK

The accrual of status points/points has always been on a calendar year basis isn't it? At least it's been the case for me since 2012 when I joined. They always reset the points on 31/12

Status ends only in March they need time to "calculate" who qualifies/who does not and to send the relevant status packages.

To find out your status for 2017, go to your enrich statement for 2016, and manually add all the elite miles/sectors you've earned. 25k silver. 50k gold. 100k plat.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by dfs24
The accrual of status points/points has always been on a calendar year basis isn't it? At least it's been the case for me since 2012 when I joined. They always reset the points on 31/12

Status ends only in March they need time to "calculate" who qualifies/who does not and to send the relevant status packages.

To find out your status for 2017, go to your enrich statement for 2016, and manually add all the elite miles/sectors you've earned. 25k silver. 50k gold. 100k plat.
That is correct, it has always been calendar year as stated on their website. Unfortunately I only made 49 sectors in 2016 so my status will end in Feb I guess.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck
That is correct, it has always been calendar year as stated on their website. Unfortunately I only made 49 sectors in 2016 so my status will end in Feb I guess.
03/2017 should be 31 Mar 2017? So should end in Mar? Or at least that's how I'm taught to read expiry date on medicine blisters haha.

Wonder if can call in and ask for extension since only lack of one sector.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by tingtongbells
Wonder if can call in and ask for extension since only lack of one sector.
Flying one more segment will be less of a hassle than dealing with the call centre Where are you located? A MYR99 domestic hop will suffice.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by asheby
Then it's safe to say that if you have not requalified for Gold as of 31/12/2016, you will be downgraded to Silver, unless of course you earn 50,000 elite miles / 50 elite sectors from the 01/01/2017 onwards for Gold valid through to 03/2018. As I said previously, 31/12 as the end of year for accumulation of elite miles/points isn't a new thing, it's been as such for quite a while now.

Hope that helps.
I am 3 elite points short of the 50 elite sectors needed but am fine with the elite mileage. But the staff were unsure if it meant I would retain gold status or not....they have told me to wait till the end of my expiration of my current gold card at the end of Feb to know my status moving forward.

When I asked them if I fly business now for my next 2 trips to the UK next week and again in mid Feb, would it make a difference to retaining my gold status, the answer was no.

Bye bye MH. On to Krismiles then I guess.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lcpteck
I am 3 short... I could technically do 3 more hops in the next 2 weeks very easily if I knew my status for 2017 now since its the end of the calender year.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:42 pm

Programs: SQ AA TK
I am 3 elite points short of the 50 elite sectors needed but am fine with the elite mileage. But the staff were unsure if it meant I would retain gold status or not....they have told me to wait till the end of my expiration of my current gold card at the end of Feb to know my status moving forward.

When I asked them if I fly business now for my next 2 trips to the UK next week and again in mid Feb, would it make a difference to retaining my gold status, the answer was no.

Bye bye MH. On to Krismiles then I guess.
It's either or to get Gold. So if you've qualified on miles, sectors don't matter.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 1:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dfs24
It's either or to get Gold. So if you've qualified on miles, sectors don't matter.
Hope so...I told them I was really good looking (like Derek Zoolander) and they then replied I probably would not retain gold in 2017.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Hope so...I told them I was really good looking (like Derek Zoolander) and they then replied I probably would not retain gold in 2017.
The call centre staff have very little knowledge about Enrich, apart from booking MH awards.

As mentioned above, you qualify either by segments OR elite miles. If you did some simple research online you'd easily find some rather definitive information:

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/cont...015_060215.pdf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.