Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enrich Devalued??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 8:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Enrich are now telling gold and platinum members who's memberships expire at the end of Feb and March they cannot confirm if they retain their status for 2015-2016...and I think it leaves a lot of people hanging and not knowing if they should continue with MH or switch now to SQ and/or other airlines.

Quite bad. They should have confirmed everyone for 2015 and then informed them ahead of time that there will be changes for 2016 and give people a bit of a head's up.

The profile for enrich members as far as mileage earned does not indicate if a person is close to or is qualified to retain their status or how much they need to earn to keep their status for the following calender year.

Very confusing.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
I'm thinking of just shifting to Qatar (to keep in One World) or Etihad (as it's quite reasonably priced - business & economy)
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
Originally Posted by wolf72
Enrich are now telling gold and platinum members who's memberships expire at the end of Feb and March they cannot confirm if they retain their status for 2015-2016...and I think it leaves a lot of people hanging and not knowing if they should continue with MH or switch now to SQ and/or other airlines.

Quite bad. They should have confirmed everyone for 2015 and then informed them ahead of time that there will be changes for 2016 and give people a bit of a head's up.

The profile for enrich members as far as mileage earned does not indicate if a person is close to or is qualified to retain their status or how much they need to earn to keep their status for the following calender year.

Very confusing.
I'm not quite sure what you're talking about.

If you managed to reach the respective criteria for each tier, you'll automatically maintain that tier status for the remaining year + 1 year, 3 months. Whether or not you qualified for a tier depends on your cumulative tier miles/sectors from 1st Jan to 31st Dec.

For example, I earned Enrich Gold having achieved 50k tier miles on the 31st August 2014, I would then have gold status from the 1st Sept 2014 - 31st March 2016. The additional 3 months (Jan-March 2016) is to allow you 3 months to requalify if you failed to do so in the previous year i.e. 2015.

There is nothing new with the above, it's been the same for donkeys years.

Hope that helps.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 6:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
They've launched a redemption promotion offering up to 50% off to try and soften the blow:

Malaysia Airlines Up To 50% Off Redemption Promotion 2015

Sadly some of the promotion rates are still more expensive than the standard rates before the devaluation.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jubbing
Wow, all those Business class flights I took with MAS feel wasted now - luckily i only have 50k points in my Enrich account where as others may have much much more.

I think I'm done with Enrich, it's not like the MAS business class products are comparable to other airlines anymore.

It's time to move to another Frequent flyer program.. but who (and was so close to Sapphire level as well. Any MAS alternatives?
I don't think there is anything wrong with Malaysia Airlines business class. What exactly are you going to compare it with as far as within Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Brunei and Indonesia? Garuda, Thai and SQ all rank about the same in standards/quality of their services, inflight FA and seats/comfort and IFE.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:23 pm

I don't think there is anything wrong with Malaysia Airlines business class. What exactly are you going to compare it with as far as within Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Brunei and Indonesia? Garuda, Thai and SQ all rank about the same in standards/quality of their services, inflight FA and seats/comfort and IFE.
You're telling me you think the Malaysia Airlines Business class experience is the same as Singapore Airlines Business class? You high? Only the A380 is somewhat decent as it has flat lie seats, but all other routes.. no.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 11:37 pm

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by AddictedTraveller
They've launched a redemption promotion offering up to 50% off to try and soften the blow:

Malaysia Airlines Up To 50% Off Redemption Promotion 2015

Sadly some of the promotion rates are still more expensive than the standard rates before the devaluation.
Good way to burn off everything before leaving Enrich for good. Enrich kinda made up their sub-par 777 long haul J seats. Not anymore it seems.

Comparing MH & GA 737 seats fair enough. But GA 77W and 330 seats are definitely much better.

Comparing MH 330/777 & TG older 777, 330 and 747, 340 seats, fair enough. Other wise again no match.

Compaing MH 330/777 with SQ regional business class, maybe. Otherwise they are Apples and Oranges, there is no comparison.

SQ & GA caters much better than MH. TG maybe on the same level as MH. Of course MH satay is unmatched by SQ or TG. The saving grace perhaps.

MH 380 does not give direct aisle access. So while decent, does match SQ , newer TG or GA 77W. Besides, the 380 only serves CDG & LHR.

IFE. Looks at those 777 screens and resolution. The A380 and A330 have decent screens. But that does not solve the problem of small selection. Besides MH selection while okay for the occasional traveller, definitely not for someone who does a mid-long haul once a month. Plus many of the movies spend 2 months in SELECT. So while they have X movies, you only get X/2 new movies per month.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jubbing
You're telling me you think the Malaysia Airlines Business class experience is the same as Singapore Airlines Business class? You high? Only the A380 is somewhat decent as it has flat lie seats, but all other routes.. no.
Nothing wrong with the new A330 flat lie seats.

And SQ does not have 737's nor any number of that fleet in their silk air fleet so what are you going on about?

Last edited by Moderator2; Feb 18, 2015 at 7:22 pm Reason: Removal of snark
Old Feb 18, 2015, 4:28 am

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
Originally Posted by dfs24
Good way to burn off everything before leaving Enrich for good. Enrich kinda made up their sub-par 777 long haul J seats. Not anymore it seems.

Comparing MH & GA 737 seats fair enough. But GA 77W and 330 seats are definitely much better.

Comparing MH 330/777 & TG older 777, 330 and 747, 340 seats, fair enough. Other wise again no match.

Compaing MH 330/777 with SQ regional business class, maybe. Otherwise they are Apples and Oranges, there is no comparison.

SQ & GA caters much better than MH. TG maybe on the same level as MH. Of course MH satay is unmatched by SQ or TG. The saving grace perhaps.

MH 380 does not give direct aisle access. So while decent, does match SQ , newer TG or GA 77W. Besides, the 380 only serves CDG & LHR.

IFE. Looks at those 777 screens and resolution. The A380 and A330 have decent screens. But that does not solve the problem of small selection. Besides MH selection while okay for the occasional traveller, definitely not for someone who does a mid-long haul once a month. Plus many of the movies spend 2 months in SELECT. So while they have X movies, you only get X/2 new movies per month.
I agree with you that GA's catering knocks the socks off MH's, but SQ's catering isn't that much better IMHO.

MH's A380 may not give direct aisle access, but for the price differential between the two, I'd settle for MH. I always manage to get the ground agents to block the seat next to me anyway, so it does provide for an LH-like experience, one seat for lounging and one for sleeping. Heck, you can sometimes even pay for 2 seats on MH J with SQ's prices. MH's F seats beats GA's 77W F seats, and probably on-par with SQ's suites unless of course you get a double bed.

IFE. Completely agree with you on issues with choices. I feel though MH's A380 screens are marginally better than GA's and SQ's. I hate the positioning of MH's A330's screens though, unless you're seated in row 1.

At the end of the day, I'd pick MH mainly because it provides direct flights to where I want to go, price, and even superior service on the ground (most would not share my sentiment on this) and on-board. I find that a little kindness shown on the passenger's part and even sweet-talking at times are key determinants in the level of hospitality you receive on MH. And then of course, there's excellent availability for MH redemptions.

And SQ does not have 737's nor any number of that fleet in their silk air fleet so what are you going on about?
http://www.silkair.com/microsite/Boeing737/ lol

Last edited by Moderator2; Feb 18, 2015 at 7:26 pm Reason: Moderator edited quote no longer posted
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:23 am

http://worldairlinenews.com/2014/02/...oeing-737-800/

http://charlesryan77w.blogspot.com/2...oeing-737.html

Last edited by Moderator2; Feb 18, 2015 at 7:25 pm Reason: Moderator edit of quote no longer posted
Old Feb 21, 2015, 6:11 am

i've made the dive and am now going to focus only on Eithad. Reason? Their business class tickets are rather affordable and great compared to the rest. I've also recently moved to India, and Etihad and Jet Airways are partners - thus, I can double Miles domestically as well.

Then their partners are wide as well which you can earn and burn on (including MAS ironically enough). The only thing which sucks is no Star Alliance/One World benefits - but I'm okay with that for now.

So long MAS, i'll use up the 50k points I have by maybe burning it for short KL to SEA trips if need be later this year.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 5:10 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by asheby
I agree with you that GA's catering knocks the socks off MH's, but SQ's catering isn't that much better IMHO.

MH's A380 may not give direct aisle access, but for the price differential between the two, I'd settle for MH. I always manage to get the ground agents to block the seat next to me anyway, so it does provide for an LH-like experience, one seat for lounging and one for sleeping. Heck, you can sometimes even pay for 2 seats on MH J with SQ's prices. MH's F seats beats GA's 77W F seats, and probably on-par with SQ's suites unless of course you get a double bed.

IFE. Completely agree with you on issues with choices. I feel though MH's A380 screens are marginally better than GA's and SQ's. I hate the positioning of MH's A330's screens though, unless you're seated in row 1.

At the end of the day, I'd pick MH mainly because it provides direct flights to where I want to go, price, and even superior service on the ground (most would not share my sentiment on this) and on-board. I find that a little kindness shown on the passenger's part and even sweet-talking at times are key determinants in the level of hospitality you receive on MH. And then of course, there's excellent availability for MH redemptions.

http://www.silkair.com/microsite/Boeing737/ lol
If price was a factor, then MH is a clear winner, especially for tickets from SIN. Only did LH in F and it was an op up. So no comments on F.

Agreed that the 330 screen position just gives me a neck ache. The 330 was a reason I reduced flying on MH. This change is the last straw:
Old Feb 22, 2015, 5:47 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Enrich Devalued??

With the Eitihad status match out, may make sense for those with enrich gold to switch.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
With the Eitihad status match out, may make sense for those with enrich gold to switch.
Too bad, I was on silver, just a few flights from gold - but eh.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 11:20 pm

Spending Enrich on Oneworld Partners

hello all, posting on behalf of a friend who has about 90k Enrich miles to spend. trying to help her figure out how many miles she would need for her trip:

KUL-YVR-KUL
Economy
December 2015

according to the great circle mapper KUL-YVR is 7,967 miles.

obviously MH does not fly to north america so I am looking at this chart:
http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/e...-airlines.html

Questions:
1) are the miles required to redeem in MH's charts for one-way or return tickets?
2) These MH charts are telling me that we will require less miles to redeem on multiple oneworld partners, as opposed to redeeming on a single oneworld partner. is this correct?

thanks in advance,
bacxow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.