MH370 KUL-PEK Missing 8 Mar 2014: Search & Recovery [PLEASE SEE WIKI]

Subscribe
The search is over. It has been officially confirmed by Malaysian authorities at the Putra.
MH370: Search for missing flight narrows to specific area along 'the seventh arc'
Seems Australian scientists have continued their modelling of ocean currents etc and now say they know "precisely" where the plane went down.
They have passed their information on "to the appropriate authorities".

See MH370: Search for missing flight narrows to specific area along 'the seventh arc'
ABC news article - analysis of satellite imagery (from 2 weeks after disappearance) indicates possible surface debris near where plane is thought to have gone down.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-1...e-site/8814376
Quote: ABC news article - analysis of satellite imagery (from 2 weeks after disappearance) indicates possible surface debris near where plane is thought to have gone down.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-1...e-site/8814376
A bit late now sadly...if only they had access to those images back then and could respond.
‘Almost inconceivable’: Australia baffled as it ends search for MH370 airplane
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/03/sear...australia.html
The ATSB final report can be found here. https://www.atsb.gov.au/media/577356...l_3oct2017.pdf
From the ABC News web site
Interesting to read some the weird consiracy theories posted by readers (at the bottom of the on-line article)
Quote:
MH370: ATSB says it's 'almost inconceivable' we don't know what happened to aircraft

By David Weber

Updated yesterday at 4:39pm

Authorities now have a much better understanding of where missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 is located but still do not know why it crashed, a new report has revealed.

In its final report into the search for the missing aircraft, the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) said the search area had been considerably narrowed to an area of less than 25,000 square kilometres that had the "highest likelihood" of containing MH370.

"The understanding of where MH370 may be located is better now than it has ever been," the report found.

The aircraft was lost during a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8 2014, carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew members.

Its disappearance is one of the greatest mysteries in aviation history.

The surface and underwater searches which followed off the coast of Western Australia were the biggest in history.

"At the time the underwater search was suspended in January 2017, more than 120,000 square kilometres of seafloor had been searched and eliminated with a high degree of confidence," the report found.

The ATSB said debris found on islands in the Indian Ocean and on the coast of Africa helped establish that the aircraft was "not configured for a ditching at the end-of-flight".

Recent re-analysis of satellite imagery taken two weeks after the aircraft disappeared had also identified objects which may have been debris from MH370, it found.

The Malaysian Government was continuing work on the investigation into the circumstances surrounding the loss of the aircraft, the ATSB added.

"It is almost inconceivable and certainly societally unacceptable in the modern aviation era with 10 million passengers boarding commercial aircraft every day, for a large commercial aircraft to be missing and for the world not to know with certainty what became of the aircraft and those on board," the report said.

However, the ATSB said reasons for the loss of the aircraft "cannot be established with certainty until the aircraft is found".

"The ATSB expresses our deepest sympathies to the families of the passengers and crew on board MH370," the bureau said.

"We share your profound and prolonged grief, and deeply regret that we have not been able to locate the aircraft, nor those 239 souls on board that remain missing."
Quote: Interesting to read some the weird consiracy theories posted by readers (at the bottom of the on-line article)
I've never read a conspiracy theory which included officials NOT claiming that they know exactly what happened and why. The core of any conspiracy theory is that the authorities are lying. Here the authorities claim to be baffled, which is not what they would do if they planned to lie.

But I know what the true believers will reply... "That's what they'll be expecting us to do!"
Quote: I've never read a conspiracy theory which included officials NOT claiming that they know exactly what happened and why. The core of any conspiracy theory is that the authorities are lying. Here the authorities claim to be baffled, which is not what they would do if they planned to lie.

But I know what the true believers will reply... "That's what they'll be expecting us to do!"
Not true. I expressed my conspiracy theory, which I still believe to be true, way back in this thread, and it has nothing to do with officials lying.
Quote: Not true. I expressed my conspiracy theory, which I still believe to be true, way back in this thread, and it has nothing to do with officials lying.

I searched this thread for your handle sbrower
and the only post by you in the thread is the one you just posted
Actually, sbrower's theories are posted in the OTHER MH370 thread:
MH370 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Quote: Actually, sbrower's theories are posted in the OTHER MH370 thread:
MH370 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My apologies for forgetting which thread it was. I am referring to Post 145 in the MH370 - Biggest Avaiation Mystery in 10 years thread.

I still think my theory is the best I have seen from anyone (conspiracy or not), EXCEPT that the timeframe may be slightly different if it is correct (I am working from memory) that the captain had practiced this route sometime prior to the actual incident, which would imply that he was contacted a little sooner by the blackmailers.
Quote: My apologies for forgetting which thread it was. I am referring to Post 145 in the MH370 - Biggest Avaiation Mystery in 10 years thread.
Quote:
Thank you. As an Original Member I am still not good at linking and multi-quote and a bunch of other things. Just to put this in context, I posted my theory at a time when there was still speculation about whether the entire plane would be located on an island or somewhere else on dry land.
News Report: Search to resume - Malaysian Govt has contract a US firm
http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...d16b78b7031712

US company Ocean Infinity reportedly will resume the search on a "No find, no fee" basis