Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Any reports of The Langham since it reopened?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2009, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Lumo.

Somebody must have stayed at The Langham since the last refurbishment. Any reports? How does it match up to the current competition in London?

http://www.beautyawakens2009.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langham_Hotel
Old Jun 12, 2009, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I've been in the bar, which was very nicely done. There is a big Leading Hotels of the World party there on 8 July which I'm attending, so hopefully I'll get a chance for a proper look around then.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 10:58 am

Stayed there recently. Public areas are beautifully done but rooms and junior suites are a bit too small for me and the bathrooms are tiny. Good service though, even if some of the staff have a problem with English (lots of Eastern Europeans).

Big disappointment is food. Great looking restaurants with very good service, but food is fine if you live on freezer-food, but not if you like really fresh. If you don't mind and would rather eat out, then yes, it's a nice hotel and breakfast is good.

You need a Junior Suite at least. They have not renovated the full suites yet, apart from a few 1-bedroom Grand Suites on the 9th floor, which are really attractive.

Public areas are much more successful than the rooms. The Artesian bar is terrific.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

interesting news. so the presidential suite hasnt been renovated?

previous comments >
Originally Posted by moonbeam
Not even worth staying at!
Originally Posted by kmklint
I was not impressed. I also realize its not a top tier hotel.
if you can get upgrades, they dont look bad, rates from >
£644 1BR grand suite (enchanted weekend)
? 2BR presidential
? 2BR infinity
Old Jun 13, 2009, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Lumo.
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
They have not renovated the full suites yet, apart from a few 1-bedroom Grand Suites
Oh really? Bummer. I just booked a Classic one bedroom suite for an October stay for our family.

I thought the offer was quite decent at £495.00+tax, as it included breakfast for all, club lounge access and a ride from Heathrow in a private car.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 1:34 am

Programs: UA, CX, BR
Was there last month on a 3 nights for 2 offer on grand rooms (I may not have the names quite right--one up from the lowest rate rooms), and was supposedly upgraded to grand executive. Still on the small side; to use the desk required contortionist abilities to worm one's way back into the chair. I found the bed a little soft, which sometimes happens given my taste for hard beds, but also weirdly lumpy. Also, the gym is definitely below par. On the plus side, a mixup at check-in resulted in the manager's giving us a big fruit plate and a quite decent bottle of champagne.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 4:45 am

Presidential - Infinity Suite

Yes, sorry, they have renovated the Infinity Suite - and they have done it really well. They have yet to do many ofthe other large suites, apart from some of the 1-bedrooms, which are currently the best option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.