FlyerTalk Evangelist

161 rooms
> 104 main
- 28 renaissance
< 27 classical
- 2 baroque

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 26, 2010 at 7:59 am
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:14 am

Programs: USAir Chairman Preferred, AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Christmas atmosphere at MO Prague?

Am booked at the MO Prague for 24-27 Dec, but am now concerned about a review on TripAdvisor saying the hotel doesn't acknowledge the Christmas holiday with any decorations or other atmospherics and that to get in the Christmas spirit one will need to go offsite. Is that an accurate assessment? Thanks!
Old Dec 19, 2010, 6:29 am
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
I'm booked for the same dates - provided I can depart from London on Christmas Eve... The snow here grinds everything to a halt - absolute nightmare!

Housekeeping (on my request) is putting a Christmas tree in our room with traditional Czech ornaments, lights, etc. She sent me pictures of the types of trees they use in the hotel so that I could see what style I might prefer. Doesn't really answer your question as I haven't stayed - however shows they must do something!
Old Dec 19, 2010, 6:40 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
I know the area quite well, though I stay in a private apartment near the MO. The Christmas atmosphere is in evidence just about everywhere outside the MO gates. You will not be disappointed, enjoy!
Old Dec 19, 2010, 8:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
To answer NoVaTravel's question, I spent Christmas at the MO two years ago and decoration in the property was subtle and minimal; just how I would expect it to be at a property of it's class.

IIRC, there was a tree with lights outside the entrance, another with ornaments etc. in reception and all the bedrooms had a Poinsettia on a side table.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
It seems we are suffering from multiple threads on this subject. Here is at least one other one. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...-oriental.html
Old Dec 20, 2010, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Much more of a boutique hotel, but I liked the [fairly] new Buddha Bar Hotel.

Tres cool.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 9:25 am

MO

I stayed at MO and had lunch at the FS - which seemed to be the best of both worlds.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 2:36 am
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Thumbs up I'm a fan...

Last morning at the MO Prague. Has been a perfect stay from check-in to today. Extremely impressed with the property and the staff. We saw where the FS is located and I'm very glad we decided to stay at the MO. Mala Strana is a gorgeous area and I much prefer it to the hustle and bustle on the 'other side'.

We were caught up in the snow issues in Europe on Christmas Eve (spend the night in an awful Holiday Inn at Cologne airport) and they were absolutely fine with us amending the dates of our booking by a day at short notice. Very nice Christmas feel at the hotel and the tree that I arranged to be in our room was gorgeous and the head housekeeper chose some lovely traditional glass ornaments for us to take home.

Will try and put a proper trip report type post up when I have time with some photos! If you're tossing up between the MO and FS, I don't think you could go wrong with either, but I'm in love with the MO...
Old Sep 3, 2012, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
in Winter, the MO is the best option and in Summer, the FS, given the terrace dining and river views
I will follow your advice!
We are planning to spend New Year's Eve in Prague. MO Suite Temptation package is quite interesting (3rd night complimentary). We are still hesitating between Oriental & Lazar suites. Anyone has some experience? We do not really care about the view, just general lay-out and bathroom.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
We are planning to spend New Year's Eve in Prague.
Hope for you that Prague is not as boring in winter as it is in summer/sping.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Hope for you that Prague is not as boring in winter as it is in summer/sping.
We were there just a few days after NYE at the MO and it was not at all boring. Cold yes, boring no. Wear boots and take it easy with the Absinthe.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 1:25 pm

I'm working in the middle of nowhere 1000km from Moscow, so cold weather shall not be an issue! We just expect to spend some quality time together with my partner and we look for a quiet place so few activities and just resting is what we are looking for.
Nicolas, Stimpy, you stayed in Pragues recently? I used the search engine but it seems there is no recent experience with MO shared on the forum.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nicolas, Stimpy, you stayed in Pragues recently? I used the search engine but it seems there is no recent experience with MO shared on the forum.
Sorry, it's been a few years. But you have given me an idea for this winter!
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:47 am

I'm working in the middle of nowhere 1000km from Moscow, so cold weather shall not be an issue! We just expect to spend some quality time together with my partner and we look for a quiet place so few activities and just resting is what we are looking for.
Don't know if this will qualify as "recent" but here's a trip report about the MO from NYE 2010/2011: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...al-prague.html

Details, and pics (though you may already have read it ) and the OP tried about everything at the MO so you'll get a good review of services provided

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.