Best Luxury Hotel in Mumbai (Bombay)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2014, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by The Wolf
I'll be there on the 26th, will give a small report
Great thanks!
Old Dec 26, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Just got back from the Leela. I actually forgot I've already been there once on a small stopover waiting for my transfer flight.
Since I was attending a ceremony there a room was booked for me to change so whether it was a standard room or a club room, I have no idea.
The good bits: the hotels looks quite neat and clean - overall impression is good. Rooms are OK, a tad smaller than the FS but acceptable.
Location is very close to the airport, I even ran into the crew of my swiss flight of the 24th who were on their return to Zurich. Them staying there I guess says something about the quality to expect.

The bad bits: the room I had smelled quite damp, since I wasn't staying there for the night I didn't bother to ask for a different room and I surely hope it was an exception compared to the other rooms. Quite awful, a mix of a moist smell with air refreshener.
Also, the location (Andheri) is probably not good if you want to head for south Mumbai. It will take you minimum 30 minutes to reach even using the Sealink.

Having stayed at the FS now for 2 days I have to say up till now, I prefer the Palladium. Rooms are bigger and overall you get a bit more for what you pay - including the direct access to Phoenix mall.
At the FS indeed (as mentioned earlier) the lobby is quite small, including the breakfast area which is adjoined to the lobby. We had to wait 10 minutes to be seated which never happens at Palladium. Breakfast selection is also much bigger at Palladium, in FS you get the basics and everything else is on order. My scrambled eggs took a startling 40min...
The rooftop bar (Aer) in FS is one of the best in town to my knowledge, but on many days they charge an entrance fee (2500rps pp) which frankly is a bit sad considering it is also chargeable for hotel guests. It makes sense if you want to hang out there for a couple of hours (don't forget to book a table in advance, else you're left standing) but for 1 or 2 drinks, you're confined to the lobby bar which is small, limited and lacks any atmosphere.

I'd say if price is acceptable, go for Palladium. You're left in the shade at the pool area as from about 2:30 PM, but that's about all the negative comments I can think of.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 4:51 am

Just got back from the Leela. I actually forgot I've already been there once on a small stopover waiting for my transfer flight.
Since I was attending a ceremony there a room was booked for me to change so whether it was a standard room or a club room, I have no idea.
The good bits: the hotels looks quite neat and clean - overall impression is good. Rooms are OK, a tad smaller than the FS but acceptable.
Location is very close to the airport, I even ran into the crew of my swiss flight of the 24th who were on their return to Zurich. Them staying there I guess says something about the quality to expect.

The bad bits: the room I had smelled quite damp, since I wasn't staying there for the night I didn't bother to ask for a different room and I surely hope it was an exception compared to the other rooms. Quite awful, a mix of a moist smell with air refreshener.
Also, the location (Andheri) is probably not good if you want to head for south Mumbai. It will take you minimum 30 minutes to reach even using the Sealink.

Having stayed at the FS now for 2 days I have to say up till now, I prefer the Palladium. Rooms are bigger and overall you get a bit more for what you pay - including the direct access to Phoenix mall.
At the FS indeed (as mentioned earlier) the lobby is quite small, including the breakfast area which is adjoined to the lobby. We had to wait 10 minutes to be seated which never happens at Palladium. Breakfast selection is also much bigger at Palladium, in FS you get the basics and everything else is on order. My scrambled eggs took a startling 40min...
The rooftop bar (Aer) in FS is one of the best in town to my knowledge, but on many days they charge an entrance fee (2500rps pp) which frankly is a bit sad considering it is also chargeable for hotel guests. It makes sense if you want to hang out there for a couple of hours (don't forget to book a table in advance, else you're left standing) but for 1 or 2 drinks, you're confined to the lobby bar which is small, limited and lacks any atmosphere.

I'd say if price is acceptable, go for Palladium. You're left in the shade at the pool area as from about 2:30 PM, but that's about all the negative comments I can think of.
Thanks for the update. The Leela is very cheap so I assumed it would not be perfect. I'm sad to hear about the issues at the FS. Whenever I've been there it's been good service and never a fee to get into Aer. Does not sound great I have to admit so will possibly try the Taj again.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 7:20 pm

Have you already tried Palladium? Don't know rates for your travel dates but perhaps worth a shot.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 3:50 am

Have you already tried Palladium? Don't know rates for your travel dates but perhaps worth a shot.
No I've not, will take a look. Like you, the pool in the shade at 2pm is an issue for us!
Old Dec 28, 2014, 4:48 am

Exactly....then FS or Taj is better. Am at FS pool now and there is only a sun 'gap' from about 12 - 2:30PM.
After that it's basically to be enjoyed till sun sets on the horizon.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Staying at the FS in two weeks time for Fri/Sat. Pulled the trigger over other hotels because the rate includes free admission to Aer.

Any tips on maximizing the stay?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 4:12 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Palladium Hotel Mumbai to be rebranded as St. Regis
http://articles.economictimes.indiat...orts-worldwide
bhrubin likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:00 pm

bumping this thread
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:26 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Soho House in Mumbai is also now open - anyone stayed?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA Reg
Trident vs the Intercontinental nearby? (Or alternatively the Taj Towers - the palace is too $$)

Trident is a little cheaper I think - but rewards program doesn't help elsewhere.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:17 pm

If you can't swing the Taj Mahal Palace, I would point you toward the Oberoi Mumbai. It is even located in the same building as the Trident, but you can expect a much better soft and hard product.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 7:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Staying at the Intercon Marine Drive in Dec., needed to burn IHG points and figured i'd get some benefit from my Spire status before it expires. Just how bad is it?
Old Nov 17, 2019, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Staying at the Intercon Marine Drive in Dec., needed to burn IHG points and figured i'd get some benefit from my Spire status before it expires. Just how bad is it?
Stay somewhere else, its Mumbai for heavens sake. Dont keep making the same mistakes you made like staying at the s******t RC you could possibly find in MENA ...Bahrain Im looking at you
vuittonsofstyle and frmnj like this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Fly_IAD
Stay somewhere else, its Mumbai for heavens sake. Dont keep making the same mistakes you made like staying at the s******t RC you could possibly find in MENA ...Bahrain Im looking at you
I thought better of it and went to cancel the reservation but it seems to be non-refundable . Yea...Bahrain was a disaster.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.