Search

Rosewood Hotel, London

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2014, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
There ia so much choice nowadays in London. What is the Rosewood USP?
Are you asking about this particular hotel or the brand?
Old Nov 23, 2014, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
Are you asking about this particular hotel or the brand?
This particular one in London
Old Nov 23, 2014, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
This particular one in London
OK. If we separate the USP by talking about high end suites versus non-Suite rooms, the Rosewood has the largest and best super high end suites. And the only suite in the world that has its own postcode. IME their suites have the best quality bespoke furnishings. Certainly better than the FS or MO, Connaught or Savoy or Dorchester. We'll see what the new Lanesborough comes up with.

But I think, and this is my guess at this point based on my visit and photos, that the Rosewood also has the best appointed lower end rooms too.

Of course there's more to a hotel than the above and as I mentioned the FS has slightly better service. But the real differentiator and USP of Rosewood is the room/suite itself and the very impressive quality.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
OK. If we separate the USP by talking about high end suites versus non-Suite rooms, the Rosewood has the largest and best super high end suites. And the only suite in the world that has its own postcode. IME their suites have the best quality bespoke furnishings. Certainly better than the FS or MO, Connaught or Savoy or Dorchester. We'll see what the new Lanesborough comes up with.

But I think, and this is my guess at this point based on my visit and photos, that the Rosewood also has the best appointed lower end rooms too.

Of course there's more to a hotel than the above and as I mentioned the FS has slightly better service. But the real differentiator and USP of Rosewood is the room/suite itself and the very impressive quality.
I agree that the rooms at the Rosewood are of high quality but I think the entry level Four Seasons rooms are higher quality. The entry level rooms at the Rosewood are very sparse and with only a tub/shower combination. These are both excellent hotels.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U
I agree that the rooms at the Rosewood are of high quality but I think the entry level Four Seasons rooms are higher quality. The entry level rooms at the Rosewood are very sparse and with only a tub/shower combination. These are both excellent hotels.
I don't know about a shower bath, but the FS entry level rooms are rather tiny. The entry level rooms at Rosewood are 334 sq ft versus only 269 sq ft at the FS. I've stayed in the 2nd level deluxe room at the FS and nothing in that room was overly impressive. It was all modern, bright and clean, but nothing that you would call sumptuous other than the bed.

Sure they are both excellent hotels, but the Rosewood, to me, is a league above the FS in terms of the rooms and especially the suites.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know about a shower bath, but the FS entry level rooms are rather tiny. The entry level rooms at Rosewood are 334 sq ft versus only 269 sq ft at the FS. I've stayed in the 2nd level deluxe room at the FS and nothing in that room was overly impressive. It was all modern, bright and clean, but nothing that you would call sumptuous other than the bed.

Sure they are both excellent hotels, but the Rosewood, to me, is a league above the FS in terms of the rooms and especially the suites.
I suppose it also depends which area of London you prefer to stay in as they are a touch different.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I suppose it also depends which area of London you prefer to stay in as they are a touch different.
Yes indeed. That's another USP for the Rosewood. It's the only lux hotel on that side of Piccadilly, right? All the others are gathered around Mayfair. Wait, I forgot about the Savoy near the Theatre district. In any case it's just a couple miles or so from Mayfair.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes indeed. That's another USP for the Rosewood. It's the only lux hotel on that side of Piccadilly, right? All the others are gathered around Mayfair.
I personally far prefer the area where the Rosewood is located vs. Mayfair- this being said I am not a particular Rosewood fan. I do hope the hotel does well though- interesting location and all the right characteristics to be a massive success if managed well.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
I personally far prefer the area where the Rosewood is located vs. Mayfair- this being said I am not a particular Rosewood fan. I do hope the hotel does well though- interesting location and all the right characteristics to be a massive success if managed well.
My thoughts exactly! It was about time that London got a luxury hotel outside Mayfair and Knightsbridge.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 5:25 am

I am usually a fan of Rosewood, so look forward to trying the London property. I have only heard good things about it.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:36 am

I like Rosewood personally, but much rather stay in Mayfair, where most of my activities are.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gegarrenton
I like Rosewood personally, but much rather stay in Mayfair, where most of my activities are.
Right- all depends really where you want to be in London- Rosewood for example is quiet convenient to the City although obviously less so to Mayfair.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:51 am

Right- all depends really where you want to be in London- Rosewood for example is quiet convenient to the City although obviously less so to Mayfair.
Quite.

Aldwych is another that is pretty convenient for the City. I think rumors of it's demise are greatly exaggerated too, it was quite nice when I was there in the spring.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gegarrenton
Quite.

Aldwych is another that is pretty convenient for the City. I think rumors of it's demise are greatly exaggerated too, it was quite nice when I was there in the spring.
Yes- I like One Aldwych as well and my stays there this year were perfectly OK- actually best shoe shine I received at a luxury hotel this year was at One Aldwych.

Back to the Rosewood- I tend to stay in midlevel rooms (not entry, not suites) in London and as such curious to know if this hotel will offer a good value and balance of service/space/pricing- the top level suites are not really where I would spend money in London.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:45 am
Suspended

Yes- I like One Aldwych as well and my stays there this year were perfectly OK- actually best shoe shine I received at a luxury hotel this year was at One Aldwych.

Back to the Rosewood- I tend to stay in midlevel rooms (not entry, not suites) in London and as such curious to know if this hotel will offer a good value and balance of service/space/pricing- the top level suites are not really where I would spend money in London.
Same boat here, and all my client feedback seems to suggest these are some of the best entry level (and mid-tier) rooms in the city.

I'll be going soon to check the place out myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.