Reload this Page >

Mallorca: What is the best?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mallorca: What is the best?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2016, 7:13 am

Anyone with a review from the newly opened PH?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:40 am

I have friends staying there right now -- PH Mallorca is a zoo. Children are wonderful, however parents who project their lack of manners on their little ones are not. Avoid at all costs for now. Management is unable to do something about it. There are some reviews over at Hyatt.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:04 pm
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

I am working on a review/comparison of the three hotels we stayed in (Son Claret, Son Net and La Residencia). Will follow shortly.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by scented
I have friends staying there right now -- PH Mallorca is a zoo. Children are wonderful, however parents who project their lack of manners on their little ones are not. Avoid at all costs for now. Management is unable to do something about it. There are some reviews over at Hyatt.
OK.... I only mentioned that rates sliped down significant since the opening. No wonder, they were very ambitious and still are for suites.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 2:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That's a bit harsh.... it's the school holidays, there will be hordes of children at all the resorts. And in my experience, the pricier the property the less behaved the parents/children will be.
If you like peace and quit you don't go in these months unless you book something that's very private.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 2:53 am

Programs: millemiglia - milesmore- spg - goldpassport - priority club- the leader club - others
PH Mallorca is a zoo....Avoid at all costs for now. .
will be there tonight
Old Aug 12, 2016, 3:20 am

Thanks for the update! Probably better to go off season.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by STO747
Thanks for the update! Probably better to go off season.
High seasons Mallorca is also much too expensive.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: millemiglia - milesmore- spg - goldpassport - priority club- the leader club - others
Originally Posted by STO747
Anyone with a review from the newly opened PH?
I will eventually post a more detailed review on the hotel when back at home; right now I can just say for those evaluating that the resort is lovely in its authentic contemporary mediterranean architecture. Buildings and landscaping is absolutely appropriate to the level you expect from a PH and are well integrated with the environment.
It is located on the far eastern part of the island (meaning over an hour drive from the airport) on a semicircular hill and it is centered around a main area/square named Plaza de Torres.
Rooms (120) are build in blocks dislocated here and there over the several level/terrace of the hill.
Rooms are very nice, large in space (even the entry category) and excellently furnished: everything is, of course, brand new right now. I believe they all have at least a balcony or a patio with a non private garden. I have two connecting rooms (not sure what category they are) and I am around 1,5 K per night (B&B) that I consider an adequate quality/price ratio considering it is super high season. Housekeeping so far has been impeccable; only negative (maybe) note is they do not let a threat for the night after turndown and I have not found a single welcoming message (or bottle or fruit) and/or welcoming amenities for children (a little doll, or colors, or something) in their room.

As I was mentioning the whole common areas are centered around the square where you have
4 food outlet (Balearic, Asia, Tapas and the cafè)
3 swimming pools plus a jacuzzi
gym and kids club
reception/concierge/library etc..

I have already tried all restaurants and the overall opinion on the quality of the food is good. Not so the services that has been vary from adequate to incredibly slow, especially at the Tapas place.

There is a main pool environment where you have a family pool and a new-born pool, and a bar serving the area
On the superior terrace there is a relax pool (adult only) and on the superior terrace to this a jacuzzi area.
The hotel is not on the beach and they do not have a beach-club (there is a shuttle taking people on a free beach, that I have not visited).

The kids club is a joke. I hope it is a temporary location and it will improve both in the grounds and in the program that is, at the moment, not exsisting.

In general I feel to say that the resort is very peaceful and tranquil, even over the pools and at breakfast (that usually are the most busy/noisy) places.

No comment on the SPA for the moment that we will visit shortly.

Feel free to ask while I am on the ground and I'll be pleased to provide info if possible.
As a last note, I will just said that we all know new hotels should go trough an initial period before getting to an efficient routine. PH does not do exception to the rule but those are minor issues mainly related to inexperienced staff.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Seems pricey. We are at Hilton Sa Torre as I type with a junior suite and connecting room for just under Euro 750, helped by the fact that Hilton gives a 2nd room for kids at half price as a chain wide policy.

The property is amazing, parts are 14th century and it even has a windmill! Food very good and surprisingly cheap. Not gone off property yet.

Some pics on my Instagram feed - https://www.instagram.com/headforpoints/

Whilst not uber-luxe in every way (good old Hilton toiletries for a start) the price to value ratio is surprisingly good and I do not for a second wish I'd paid double for the PH, or almost 3x for the St Regis.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
Seems pricey. We are at Hilton Sa Torre as I type with a junior suite and connecting room for just under Euro 750, helped by the fact that Hilton gives a 2nd room for kids at half price as a chain wide policy.

The property is amazing, parts are 14th century and it even has a windmill! Food very good and surprisingly cheap. Not gone off property yet.

Some pics on my Instagram feed - https://www.instagram.com/headforpoints/

Whilst not uber-luxe in every way (good old Hilton toiletries for a start) the price to value ratio is surprisingly good and I do not for a second wish I'd paid double for the PH, or almost 3x for the St Regis.
Glad to hear you are enjoying your holidays, but let me say that PH double then Hilton doesn't seems particularly pricey to me. it seems perfectly in line with the different market segments those brands respectively target.

The property you are at the moment might be "particularly" nice compared with usual Hilton standards, which generally I am not comfortable with especially for a family vacation, and it is not related to the Bottega Veneta toiletries they have here but to the average level of quality/service they usually deliver.

As a side note, I must say that I found the food particularly convenient here too compared to my expectation.
Dinner for five tonight (3 children) with catch of the day, appetizers, deserts and drinks was slightly over 200 Euro. Today lunch (always for five) was surprisingly 85 Euro.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I am perfectly aware of PH standards! However you should also note that the Hilton had a Michelin starred restaurant until a couple of years ago and the food remains impressive.

I have no problem dropping even the €2k per night that Mardavall wanted (I've just booked a £20k 10-night Dubai trip for October) but I just didn't see the value.

I could have brought my own BVeneta toiletries to Sa Torre and still been €700 per night up :-)
Old Aug 14, 2016, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Raffles, pool villa at residencia is about same price as their suites
i presume you're not/less interested in the smaller properties ?

wonder if PH upgrades from deluxe to suite or suite to presidential
and presumably only larger properties like PH are open in winter ?

curious to see what kind of hotel/etc Branson builds, besides villas

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 14, 2016 at 6:41 pm
Old Aug 14, 2016, 7:35 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
Thinking about a last minute trip here over Labor Day. Is it feasible for two DINKs for 4 nights? We were looking at the st regis and will also look at PH. Right now having a hard time finding tickets home. What is the town like?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 4:11 am

We are just leaving Cap Rocat where we stayed in one of the two 'Suite Del Mar' (#90). It is a great hotel, with excellent service, even if the Sea Club restaurant is not at the same level.

We hesitated for a long time when we made our reservation and I am glad we chose the Suite Del Mar category as the main pool was quite busy and the beach lacked shadow.

We went to Palma once. We also tried Es Trenc beach (the nicest part is after Ses Covetes). It is gorgeous! However it is difficult to come back as there is no taxi stand, you have to call although taxi companies don't speak French nor English. We had asked the hotel to send a taxi but it never arrived. So may be having your car or speaking enough Spanish would make it easier

Our stay was really nice and relaxing and we would come back in a heartbeat!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.