Short stay: Amankila, Bali, Indonesia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short stay: Amankila, Bali, Indonesia

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2015, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

great photos including some new angles of kilasari suite, plus some new details!

Pausanias and LM225 >

Originally Posted by deathscar
http://theluxtraveller.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Amankila-aerial.jpg
[posted on that website in october 2013]

The aerial of Amankila above is an Amanresorts photo.
that aerial was first photo on kila site for a while >
dec 2010 http://web.archive.org/web/201012191...kila/home.aspx
jun 2012 http://web.archive.org/web/201206212...kila/home.aspx

edit - i had thought it worked pretty well as a first photo

Pierre&Cédric, they were not just there. they are just now posting this trip report.
(above, seems you and OP were posting at same time, when OP mentioned easter.)

previously in other thread >
Originally Posted by deathscar
I'll be there April 9.
click amanresorts under recent work for another aerial >
http://www.twomc.com/#work

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 25, 2015 at 8:15 pm
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: AA; The Peninsula
If you would be up ok putting them up, it would be great to get the full-size versions of the three-tiered pools pics. Your photos are wonderful and would look great as wallpaper on my retina Mac! : )
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:13 am
formerly known as deathscar
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by Pausanias
Superb pics - they look tone-mapped to me and all the better for it. I thought the aerial shot the best I've ever seen of this resort. That beach, though, isn't a favourite of mine and the tankers/flotsam isn't what I want when spending that kind of money. (I never, ever, accept freebies unless they're offered.)
Yep - good eye, they are indeed tone-mapped. I've been wary of tone mapping pics because I can go a little overboard, still trying to fine tune my skills on that - but thanks, appreciate it very much!

The oil tankers and flotsam does ruin the experience, but that black sand is fantastic. It's a very strange situation - for paying upwards of USD600 (or USD900 in high season) a night, you'd expect a pristine untouched beach and coastline.

Aman staff work ridiculously hard trying to clear away the trash - I'm not sure what the solution is here....

Originally Posted by LM225
Wow, thank you for posting this. Gorgeous photos...as others have noted, that aerial shot might be the best I've seen of the resort.

Brings back fond, fond memories. Especially that satay
Re: the aerial - absolutely! Architecturally this is an incredible resort and in many ways that aerial photo does it the best justice.

Does anyone know where I can get a good really hi-res version of that aerial pic? I've been scouring the web for it but can't find it. I suppose I could ask Aman...! It wasn't included in their media kit though. Maybe I'll have to specify.

Absolutely agree re: the food - I was half salivating as I was writing this review!

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Thanks for this Chinmoy. Great stuff!
Thank you Just throwing in another 'top-down' pic in here that really shows off the beach club and beautiful pool by the beach club, also not mine but via Amanresorts' official library:
Old Aug 25, 2015, 5:22 pm

Lovely photos - thanks for posting. I absolutely hate black sand beaches though - too hot to walk on even with flip flops on. I'm a beach person definitely not a pool lover so not being able to use the beach would be awful. We've encountered black beaches a couple of times - once on Tahiti years ago and last year at Amed in North East Bali - although both were beautiful I hated the beaches.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 8:22 pm
formerly known as deathscar
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by Peninsula
If you would be up ok putting them up, it would be great to get the full-size versions of the three-tiered pools pics. Your photos are wonderful and would look great as wallpaper on my retina Mac! : )
Thank you so much. I'd love to - I'll get the hi-res when I'm back home this weekend and send over a link.

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
Lovely photos - thanks for posting. I absolutely hate black sand beaches though - too hot to walk on even with flip flops on. I'm a beach person definitely not a pool lover so not being able to use the beach would be awful. We've encountered black beaches a couple of times - once on Tahiti years ago and last year at Amed in North East Bali - although both were beautiful I hated the beaches.
Thanks! Yes, it is far too hot - perhaps because I didn't spend much time ON the beach but in the bale/on the loungers, I didn't really feel it. I love how fine the sand is though.

Has anyone tried the black sand massage therapy thing at Alila Soori?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:46 am

Programs: BAEC
Lovely review. When is the best time to go here? Ideal would be a time with relatively low occupancy and a good deal on prices.
And when do they normally close the reservations for private only just so I know when to avoid...(eg. Christmas time at Amanpuri)
Thanks.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by docmcdreamy
Lovely review. When is the best time to go here? Ideal would be a time with relatively low occupancy and a good deal on prices.
perhaps a virtuoso agent can comment on current 4th night free

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
aman indonesia Exclusives from $600/night including nov/dec 2015
can Exclusive booking overlap with 4th night free in nov/dec 2015?

maybe they would also allow shifting of nights, say book 4 nights + 4 nights
that is 2 free nights, maybe they would allow change to 5 nights + 3 nights

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
http://www.amanresorts.com/exclusive...&LangType=1033
18 to 20 September 2015
20% saving on room rate

Château Margaux evening US$ 300 per person

19 September, an evening of fine wine and cuisine awaits at Amankila. Hosted by Thibault Pontallier, son of Château Margaux’s Managing Director Paul Pontallier, guests will have the opportunity to taste six of the estate’s most coveted vintages, paired with a six-course modern Indonesian menu designed by Amankila’s Executive Chef. The featured wines include Pavillon Blanc 2009, Pavillon Rouge 2009 and 2004, and Château Margaux 2004, 1995 and 1985.
based on Pausanias post, sounds like early november (or before, for slightly more)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 29, 2015 at 4:06 pm
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by docmcdreamy
Traditionally and statistically, the months to avoid in Bali are Jan-Mar, with Dec/Apr always a bit iffy. It can rain for days on end - I know, I've been there. And the humidity is terrible.

We've had this debate about Bali before on FC - it's not the best choice if you want a beach holiday, though perhaps Amanpeople aren't interested in that specifically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.