Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Peninsula Beverly Hills vs. Beverly Wilshire

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2015, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Peninsula Beverly Hills vs. Beverly Wilshire

For those who've stayed at both, which one have you liked better? Any differences in room quality and service? How easy is it to get upgraded at the Peninsula?

I've stayed at the BH, both new and old wings, but I'm considering staying at the pen. Besides service and room quality, some idiosyncratic things that are important to me are jacuzzis (advantage: Pen ) and having a terrace. I've gotten some pretty nice upgrades at the Beverly Wilshire, which of course I'd lose if I stayed at the Peninsula.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 5:34 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by relaxabit
For those who've stayed at both, which one have you liked better? Any differences in room quality and service? How easy is it to get upgraded at the Peninsula?

I've stayed at the BH, both new and old wings, but I'm considering staying at the pen. Besides service and room quality, some idiosyncratic things that are important to me are Jacuzzi (advantage: Pen ) and having a terrace. I've gotten some pretty nice upgrades at the Beverly Wilshire, which of course I'd lose if I stayed at the Peninsula.
Oh my. This is going to start a flame war. I've covered my keyboard so that when the froth and spittle starts flying I'll be protected. This is a hotly debated topic here.

OK. Los Angeles has a ton of good hotels. I prefer the Pen over the BW. I find the BW too big and very impersonal. Side note: I prefer FS BH over the BW.

Some gossip: Last time I was at the Pen, I ran into this guy as he and his wife (and cat?) were leaving. It surprised me a little to see that he doesn't travel with an entourage and 50 body guards. It delayed us a bit and traffic to LAX turned out to be awful. We ended up missing the UA flight to Jackson due to the 60 minute check-in rule. We were on the way to Amangani.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 1:57 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
As the previous poster suggests, these are both wonderful hotels. It's more a matter of taste and priorities.

We also love the Peninsula and have stayed there many times--living just an hour south in Newport, so we go up to LA for an occasional night or weekend getaway from time to time.

We obviously have the choice for any of the LA hotels, but having visited all of them over the years, we prefer the Pen. (We also now have a 110 lb. Rhodesian Ridgeback, and the Pen allows us to bring him with no weight limit restrictions. But we preferred the Pen even before we had him.)

The Pen to us feels more like a bigger luxe residence than a luxe hotel. We love that. But their Sunday brunch could still use some work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.