Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amanpuri "fully booked" for Xmas 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by deathscar
It is 'actually' fully booked. Try Trisara, Andara or Sri Panwa. Or if you want to be away from it all, Six Senses.
Agree with Sri Panwa stayed there a couple of years back and I haven't seen it mentioned alot in this forum but I was quite impressed with it. The views from the luxury pool villa that I had were absolutely phenomenal and best of all, away from the masses.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:51 pm

Maybe Kim and Kanye are going back and paying this time! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24117734-post11.html
Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Carlos Araujo
Only time of the year I can take a 2 week-long vacation.
Ahh, that does make sense.
Originally Posted by Carlos Araujo
Anyway, where should one spend the holidays?
With family? I guess we - my wife and I - come from such big families that traveling abroad over Christmas never enters into the conversation. They might actually kill us if we didn't show up!

I agree, though; if you ARE going to be traveling over the holidays, what's going to beat a luxury resort!
Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:04 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by anaggie
Thread piqued my interest so went on the website to get an approx price for June 2015 so maybe I can plan an Asia getaway for family in 2016.

Amanpuri fully booked in June-Oct. Is this right?
Usually closed May and June. Do you have a screenshot of that?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:07 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by Nizar
Agree with Sri Panwa stayed there a couple of years back and I haven't seen it mentioned alot in this forum but I was quite impressed with it. The views from the luxury pool villa that I had were absolutely phenomenal and best of all, away from the masses.
It's got a fantastic hard product. I think the biggest turn offs are probably the rather much younger, more party-inclined crowd. I think in many ways, it appeals more to the types of masses that someone like Doronin of Aman is trying to reach. It also lacks the finesse in service of some of the other top resorts on the island.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by deathscar
Usually closed May and June..

Closed in June for annual maintenance . Sometimes stretches into July with pavilions released in stages i.e. some pavilions still blocked off .
Villa owners can still stay .
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:33 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
Originally Posted by aa213bb
Can someone explain to me the reason to book this - or any other luxury resort - during the holidays?

Seems like it would almost be guaranteed to be the least enjoyable time to experience them, given the almost certain 100% capacity.
Dates back to the 50s when the jet set would meet regularly in places like St Moritz. It's still the case today but even families have done the same for decades, seeing each other over 3 generations in the same hotel at the same period of the year (especially the case in Austria, Germany and Switzerland exclusive mountain resorts).
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:50 am

As others have said, holiday weeks, especially those with properties owned by individuals that are part of the rental pool, are generally booked up year over year by the owners or return guests.

Your best bet is to find out the cancellation policy for these properties and reach back out around the time of the cutoff. Things tend to open up right around then - generally 3-6 months out.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by juuceman

Your best bet is to find out the cancellation policy for these properties and reach back out around the time of the cutoff. Things tend to open up right around then - generally 3-6 months out.
Still pretty unlikely as preference will be given to friends of VIPs, and/or regulars, and/or clients of high value TAs.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:19 pm
BLV

Originally Posted by SeamasterLux
Dates back to the 50s when the jet set would meet regularly in places like St Moritz. It's still the case today but even families have done the same for decades, seeing each other over 3 generations in the same hotel at the same period of the year (especially the case in Austria, Germany and Switzerland exclusive mountain resorts).
I gave up trying to reserve Badrutt's for NYE after a few years of calling/emailing a year in advance to do so
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:59 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
Exactly the hotel I had in mind. Beats me why people like it so much but it has fame, legend and cool stories though the barman is terribly quiet about famous guests, even ancient ones.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Originally Posted by aa213bb
Can someone explain to me the reason to book this - or any other luxury resort - during the holidays?

Seems like it would almost be guaranteed to be the least enjoyable time to experience them, given the almost certain 100% capacity.
I'll pipe up on this late, as someone who used to travel to exotic locations with beautiful hotels, together with my wife. We now have school-aged kids. It's much harder than it used to be.

Depending upon where you live, it's really, really difficult to pull your kids out of school (even if your SO is willing to do so (which my wife generally is not)).

Thus, we're looking for destinations during the holidays, too.

Greg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.