Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dorchester Collection, 3rd night free 1NOV-12APR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 7:20 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Dorchester Collection, 3rd night free 1NOV-12APR

Dorchester Collection has announced a third night free promotion for all Dorchester properties. Bookings must be made between 15OCT and 28FEB for stays between 1NOV and 12APR.

Diamond Club amenities also apply:

* guaranteed one-category upgrade at booking (up to the Jr. Suite category)
* one-time 100 hotel credit for room bookings (local currency)
* daily 100 hotel credit for Suite bookings (local currency)
* Full Breakfast daily in any venue, including room service (you can order anything except caviar and champagne)
* complimentary premium internet for unlimited devices

Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:17 am

I haven't seen this from other 5* hotels. I am a regular guest at The Dorchester and the hotel is completely occupied much of the time.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:44 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by speedbird001
I haven't seen this from other 5* hotels. I am a regular guest at The Dorchester and the hotel is completely occupied much of the time.
I suspect the boycott is beginning to bite a bit.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
IMHO, it is long forgotten. I understand the Beverly Hills Hotel, which was pretty much ground zero for the boycott, is back to normal occupancy.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
They did this last year too, so I don't think it's the boycott speaking.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:28 pm

if only
Old Oct 29, 2014, 7:10 am

David (and other Diamond Club TAs),

This is a great promotion! Are Diamond Club rates generally equal to BAR? Also, is this third night free promotion based on BAR or another rate? I am trying to see how I can get an idea of rates without bothering an agent (especially if I am only half serious about a stay, or don't know specific dates).

Also, I have forgotten the policy re confirmed upgrades. Is the maximum confirmed upgrade from top room to entry level Junior Suite, or are confirmed upgrades also honored between different junior suite categories (e.g. Deluxe Junior Suite to Prestige Junior Suite)?

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Oct 29, 2014 at 7:17 am
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
David (and other Diamond Club TAs),

This is a great promotion! Are Diamond Club rates generally equal to BAR? Also, is this third night free promotion based on BAR or another rate? I am trying to see how I can get an idea of rates without bothering an agent (especially if I am only half serious about a stay, or don't know specific dates).

Also, I have forgotten the policy re confirmed upgrades. Is the maximum confirmed upgrade from top room to entry level Junior Suite, or are confirmed upgrades also honored between different junior suite categories (e.g. Deluxe Junior Suite to Prestige Junior Suite)?
The DCD rate is generally equal to BAR, and I believe the 3rd night free rate is also based on BAR.

Confirmed upgrades (at every hotel but 45 Park Lane) are only to the entry-level Junior Suite category. There is no confirmed upgrade at 45 Park Lane (only 45 rooms, so less flexibility with upgrades), but every room there gets the 100£ daily credit.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by DavidO
The DCD rate is generally equal to BAR, and I believe the 3rd night free rate is also based on BAR.

Confirmed upgrades (at every hotel but 45 Park Lane) are only to the entry-level Junior Suite category. There is no confirmed upgrade at 45 Park Lane (only 45 rooms, so less flexibility with upgrades), but every room there gets the 100£ daily credit.
Thanks David for clarifying, this is very helpful information.

I can understand that higher categories of Junior Suites would be subject to availability, as these have more limited availability and sometimes are more that a trivial step up in cost.

Of course, junior suites and suites still qualify for upgrades subject to availability. Presumably, confirmed upgrades for higher categories could possibly be negotiated on an individual basis depending on availability, length of stay, etc...
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:52 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Thanks David for clarifying, this is very helpful information.

I can understand that higher categories of Junior Suites would be subject to availability, as these have more limited availability and sometimes are more that a trivial step up in cost.

Of course, junior suites and suites still qualify for upgrades subject to availability. Presumably, confirmed upgrades for higher categories could possibly be negotiated on an individual basis depending on availability, length of stay, etc...
Yes, Dorchester is quite often willing to work with TAs and especially Diamond Club TAs. I have also noticed that my clients, when operational upgrades are granted, DCD clients tend to receive those and often into higher categories. Dorchester are very committed to this program.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by luxury
Yes, Dorchester is quite often willing to work with TAs and especially Diamond Club TAs. I have also noticed that my clients, when operational upgrades are granted, DCD clients tend to receive those and often into higher categories. Dorchester are very committed to this program.
Thanks luxury,

One more question: if booking a junior suite category - not as a confirmed upgrade from top room category - will this be considered a suite booking for the purpose of the 100 units of local currency/day benefit?

Having a daily 100 EUR credit, for example, really helps to offset some of the high f&b and spa prices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.