Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Trip Report: Four Seasons Sultanahmet & Amanruya (Turkey)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trip Report: Four Seasons Sultanahmet & Amanruya (Turkey)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:36 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Ericka
Actually, we'll be at Giri next month. We'll be in PHX visiting family for Thanksgiving so we decided to pop up for a few days.
Very fortunate and easy! Looking forward to seeing your trip report or comments.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA GS/3MM, DL Gold/Million Miler, AA Exec Plat/Million Miler, Emirates Gold
We did the same itinerary in Aug this year - 2 days at 4S and 5 at Amanruya with our two boys 14 and 10 with a boat trip to Kos (where Hippocrates taught, so pilgrimage for my wife who is a physician) and side trips to Epheseus and Didyma. Very nice. We have been traveling with our boys since they were 8 months old, i think its a great educational experience for them.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:06 am
Original Poster
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
It's great to hear about others traveling with their kids. You should see the looks we got when we told people we were taking our son to Turkey.....what with ISIS dominating the news, etc.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Ericka
It's great to hear about others traveling with their kids. You should see the looks we got when we told people we were taking our son to Turkey.....what with ISIS dominating the news, etc.
Good grief! Though, like you, when we told people we were coming here to Spain - and Madrid in particular - some of them flipped out:

"What about Ebola!"

I say, life is too short as it is; go, enjoy. And I'm grateful my parents took myself and my many siblings on various trips around the world when we were kids. What better way to appreciate your own culture, other cultures, and, indeed, our place in the universe than to explore this incredible world.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.