Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz Carlton Toronto: Service?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2014, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Ritz Carlton Toronto: Service?

We are headed to Toronto this weekend for the Fleetwood Mac concert and staying at the Ritz Carlton. I called tonight to inquire if they offer workout clothes and shoes for guests to use (like Fairmont and Four Seasons do) to save room in our carry-ons.

The phone was answered quickly and courteously, and I asked to be transferred to the front desk. After 2-3 minutes the operator returned to say the front desk "is too busy now to take any calls" and was there something she could help me with. I asked her about the workout wear, and she replied: "Oh no, we don't do that and there is no gift shop in the hotel to purchase anything. You'd better bring your own."

I am unpleasantly surprised to discover that RC Toronto may be understaffed, and that they do not offer the same amenities as their competitors. I hope I didn't make a mistake by not booking Shangri-La or Four Seasons. Has anyone been recently and can comment on the experience?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I'm surprised they don't do the clothes at least. Shoes I can understand though as I wouldn't really want to wear communal running shoes.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:36 am

I had an excellent stay there recently and thought the staff was terrific. Sounds like a bad day.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:38 pm

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I had an excellent stay there recently and thought the staff was terrific. Sounds like a bad day.
I agree, my experience with the hotel has been excellent.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The "too busy now to take any calls" statement sounds horrible. even if this is true, the phone operator should be instructed to explain the situation in a way that gives a better impression.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:09 pm

No gift shops

Both the Shangri la and FS do not have gift shops either. I guess there is so much shopping near by it does not pay to use valuable space up.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The "too busy now to take any calls" statement sounds horrible. even if this is true, the phone operator should be instructed to explain the situation in a way that gives a better impression.
Agree. Sounds more like an attorney's office than a hotel.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by LillianJ
Both the Shangri la and FS do not have gift shops either. I guess there is so much shopping near by it does not pay to use valuable space up.
This is not true - FS Toronto has an excellent gift shop on the ground floor - I bought a few things there.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 9:56 pm

Programs: IC Spire Amb, RC Plat, Shangri-La GC, and more.
Originally Posted by LillianJ
The Shangri-La may not have a gift shop, but their room service offers delivery of items such as Brioni ties, should one have the need.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.