Regent Porto Montenegro

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Regent Porto Montenegro

Tomorrow is the Grand Opening of the new Regent Porto Montenegro. http://www.regenthotels.com/EN/Porto-Montenegro

I happened to be in the neighborhood a few days ago and stopped by for lunch and a tour. This is billed as a turning of the page for Regent hotels into the future. Porto Montenegro is already a luxury yacht destination and there is a large development going on now with luxury shops and restaurants, etc. already there. I saw some huge super yachts docked and was told that as it's an old naval yard that it was easy to change it into what it is today.

This hotel has a Asian theme to it with a top Singapore chef and a Balinese spa. I was in a 1 bdrm suite which is super large and has it's own kitchen of sorts. Every room has a balcony overlooking the marina and sea. The rooms seemed similar in style to the Four Seasons London, but that's just my amateur opinion. I will say that the spa is very nice as is the treatment list.

As for accessing the area, private jets can fly in to Tivat which is just a few minutes away. And they are building a helipad on the property. You could fly commercial into Dubrovnik, but I would recommend a helicopter transfer to avoid the border crossing and to also enjoy the spectacular views. The concierge kindly showed me a "secret" border crossing which was empty and saved me at least an hour on the return drive to Croatia. Of course many guests will simply arrive by yacht.

Even though this area is jam packed busy all summer, the hotel expects to be busy year round with a revival going on in Montenegro and the Dalmatian coast in general. There is a promo period going on now with entry level rooms around €300 or so.

Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for sharing- I have been following the developments for a few years now at Porto Montenegro as well- I am sure the summertime shall be very good- winter though may be a bit trickier and the recent slowdowns with Russian Federation probably don't help all that much- I guess time will tell.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:34 am

Did you see the Lido? I thought it was very chic - only open to hotel guests and club members. I still prefer Aman Sveti Stefan though.
NYCMom likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Did you see the Lido? I thought it was very chic - only open to hotel guests and club members. I still prefer Aman Sveti Stefan though.
Perhaps a combination of both? As Montenegro is on my to do list it`s very interesting. If I must choose I doubt I choose the Regent
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Did you see the Lido?
We walked by it, but didn't try it out. The whole area seems quite nice though.

As for Russians, despite all the political things going on now or perhaps because of it, Russians are leaving Russia in droves and buying up property all over Europe. There were several high end cars with Russian plates whizzing about while we were there. I think this property is depending on, and will receive, a lot of business from Russians. Not exclusively, but still a good amount. There is even a Russian general store among the high end shops.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:59 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I noticed the opening and was curious, so thanks! When we get to Aman Sveti Stefan, I expect that we might do some exploring and likely will stay at this Regent on our way further north. Looks very nice.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Here are some more pictures of the hotel...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125966...7646409342471/

And I noticed in their fact sheet that guests have access to the Lido.

Introductory offer of 333 euros includes complimentary breakfast, honor bar replenished daily, complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary use of wellness area at Regent Spa, complimentary 4 pieces daily laundry or pressing service and special Regent rate for access to Lido Pool. The offer is commissionable to bona-fide travel agents.

Terms & Conditions apply.

Last edited by stimpy; Sep 3, 2014 at 7:23 am
Old May 21, 2017, 2:17 am

any updates on this place? just stumbled across this thread. looks very nice and offering a third night free this summer.
Old May 24, 2017, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by sedonanative
any updates on this place? just stumbled across this thread. looks very nice and offering a third night free this summer.
It's not bad at all, especially if you have a superyacht, as the hotel sits right on the harbour. No beach, of course, but a very young, vibrant nightlife scene. It's not for everyone and is geared very much to the residential owners rather than outside guests of the hotel. Good for a short break, though.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
This hotel is now part of IHG rewards.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Heads up Peeps. They currently have Deluxe Sea View Rooms (which are the top category standard rooms) on points. Just snagged three nights for 27k per night. Bargain with Brekkie and Minibar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.